Bethelites... Could they live in a commune?

by JustTickledPink 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I thought about the logistics of Armeggedon coming today... and the earth being a wordwide natural disaster. About what would be needed, camping skills, farming skills, etc... and I thought of the average Bethalite who has been binding books for the last 20 years, or cleaning toilets, or cooking in a modern kitchen all their lives...

Could the average Bethalite move from the Brooklyn lifestyle right into a commune type lifestyle and make it? The thought of it is just laughable. I think if anyone would survive a global disaster and move forward with life, it would be the Amish or the Mormons who have stockpiled goods.

• gumby
    gumby

First off, you spelled Bethelite wrong.

About what would be needed, camping skills, farming skills, etc... and I thought of the average Bethalite who has been binding books for the last 20 years, or cleaning toilets, or cooking in a modern kitchen all their lives...

Actually tickled, most bethelites I knew haven't spent most of their lives in Bethel.....hence they can cook, camp, fish, etc.

Besides....any dub that comes through armageddon and can't wipe their own ass......Jehovah will take care of. If he can save them at armageddon, he can save them afterwards.

Gumby

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

From what I remember of the inspirational pictures (cerca 1985) they will face it wearing smart two-piece suits, smiling white toothy smiles and carrying attaché cases. I always assumed that the said cases contained the appropriate survival rations, Swiss army knife, polythene sheet, etc.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I saw the tsunami disaster and the supplies needed... if God is going to restore the planet to the Garden of Eden, that means that it will be just plain earth. There was no survival kits, no medical supplies, no instructions... Adam and Eve were just put out there naked.

Isn't that what everyone was taught? That the Garden of Eden was going to be restored? Well, then it would be in very primal conditions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit