Happy Neighbor Story

by Bendrr 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Since I moved into my new apartment, I've not had much to do with any neighbors except to say hello. All but one have been friendly. The one exception is the lady in the apartment closest to mine. She has never been friendly, so I had to make friends somehow.
    Today, I was grilling out and she happened by on her way in to the house. The exchange was short, hello and all. When I finished grilling, I knocked on her door with a kabob of my swordfish and lemon slices and the wall came crumbling down. She was very suprised and pleased at the gesture and suddenly there was much less of a wall between us.
    Suddenly, the white trash next door became a neighbor and I made a new friend. (I'm the white trash by the way)
    So my Sunday has been very happy. Made a good neighbor today.
    Maybe I'll even be able to make peace with my ex-love now! I think I will try this week so wish me luck.
    mike.

"Well done, Blind Squirrel! You've found an impressive nut!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Greeting's Mike,

Last night my lady and I watched the movie The Perfect Storm. All about sword fisherman in Massachusetts, never knew how they went about catching them. Great movie lots of good special effects. After seeing this movie, $9.00 a lb doesn't seem outa line.

You didn't mention if the lady enjoyed your cooking? Sounded pretty good. How do you keep the fish from falling apart on the grill? I always like the grill lines to show, but sometimes it is hard with a soft meat fish.

Regards,

Danny

Ps. That Jw bold knock on any door spirit, helped you make a new friend. Who says everything we learned, was a waste?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit