The 'Thinking'

by GetBusyLiving 4 Replies latest social current

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Before I had disassociated myself I went through a period of missing meetings (go figure) and I was lurking around sites like this for quite a while, reading ex-witness books, and doing a lot of reseach into the Bible itself. I got an email from my best friend that was in my hall who was wondering what was up and if I was 'discouraged'. I told him that I had been reading up on the WTBTS and that I had been feeling like shit because I wasn't sure what I was doing with my life, still hanging onto some dream my parents had that was demonstrably messed up. He proceeded to puke back a bunch of Watchtower rhetoric about apostates and that 'it is best not to listen to them, they have a subtle way of influencing the thinking', ect.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I believe the best way to get to know our Heavenly Father is to get away from Religion.

• GetBusyLiving
  • TheEdge
    TheEdge

I'm with Lover of Truth on this one - your faith is between you and God, NOT via a bunch of Octogenarians in USA (followed by a series of wannabes. And I bitterly resent the Society judging what is in peoples' hearts.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Yes I agree that we don't need organized religion to find or love God. So many terrible acts have been committed against other ppl in the name of religion. I believe that God , if there really is a god and Im not convinced of that totally, only wants us to acknowledge him , live a good life and treat others like we would like to be treated. That means not having our minds controlled by others, We were meant to be free-thinking individuals. I have no desire to live in a paradise earth living as JW clones. Life is only interesting because everyone thinks differently and we must strive in our life to exist, Just my thoughts anyways..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit