just more b.s.

by stopthepain 5 Replies latest jw friends

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I just got off the phone with a elder friend of mine.He's one of those borderlline elders who doesn't shun me.I called him to ask about a family matter that he knew about.The conversation soon degenarated into an aregument.I asked "where does it say in the bible to brainwash children and send them door to door to sell magazines." his reply was "bring your children up in the mental regulating of jehovah" and "Jesus gave us a command to preach,and we should show are children that".I'm really heated right now.I'm amazed how this religion has an answer for everything,always have to be right.Couldn't just say,"yeah ,maybe a child should grow up first ,then choose if they want to ebarrass themselves,oops,I mean preach."I hate that religion,with every fiber in me.More of the same bullcrap.

• Swan
    Swan
    I just got off the phone with a elder friend of mine.He's one of those borderlline elders who doesn't shun me.I called him to ask about a family matter that he knew about.The conversation soon degenarated into an aregument.I asked "where does it say in the bible to brainwash children and send them door to door to sell magazines." his reply was "bring your children up in the mental regulating of jehovah" and "Jesus gave us a command to preach,and we should show are children that".I'm really heated right now.I'm amazed how this religion has an answer for everything,always have to be right.Couldn't just say,"yeah ,maybe a child should grow up first ,then choose if they want to ebarrass themselves,oops,I mean preach."I hate that religion,with every fiber in me.More of the same bullcrap.

Then why can't children just preach about Jesus/Jehovah? Why do they have to be indoctrinated into selling magazines? (Just a different way of rephrasing the question he didn't really answer.)

Tammy

• bebu
    bebu

That verse from Ephesians he quoted makes me feel queasy. The NWT is a horrid transation!! Here's the verse in a non-JW-biased version

EPH 6:4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

Notice:
    1) The first part of the verse, which your friend omitted: you are also commanded not to exasperate your children. If your children are getting exasperated with door-to-door, which isn't anywhere commanded in the Bible, then you are commanded to stop making them go.
    2) training and instruction is not "mental regulating"--otherwise all our kids at school are getting mentally regulated (brainwashed). Training and instruction doesn't mean making drones. Good instruction and training help people learn how to make wise choices for themselves.
    3) the "Lord" is the "Lord Jesus Christ", as evidenced in chapter 1 of Ephesians. The Israelites had a law relationship under Jehovah in the OT; Jesus did away with that law by fulfilling it--his mission. The NWT uses Jehovah wrongly, and its purpose subtly emphasizes duty to law.

Sorry about how frustrating it is!!! Occasionally, though, one breaks free (look in the mirror!).

bebu

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

this has really only cemented things in my mind,this whole conversation.I now know why I am the way I am.This was a demented conversation.They are brainwashed.No one can tell me otherwise.they are mostly robots,trained to defend.I am thankful this conversation happened,never has it been so clear.

this elder is a man I conmsider almost a second father.I don't want to slander deface this man in anyway,but the way the conversation went,I truly pity him.He is a raised JW,he is a great guy,but he firmly believes in the org,no hint of any reasoning.The org was 1000% right.The last statement made about the org was"I hope you find what your looking for"in a very condescending tone.I am a mans man,and I felt ready to cry.It made me mad and sad all at the same time.The emotion I felt tonight changed me..

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I hear how frustrated, angry and hurt you are.

Why can't they see??????!!!!!!!!!!! Why don't they think????? Why don't they care?????

I have been out of the JWs for years. Yet I felt just this same way a week ago while my JW Dad was visiting.

We hear ya, stopthepain. This is a good place to talk about it. We hear you.

-Lisa

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

If I were you I would just ask the condecending moron to please stop contacting me. You don't need his shit, and if he doesn't want to grow out of ignorance that ITS HIS PROBLEM and he can live with it. Who gives a crap, live you're life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit