F&D Slave doctrine---timing

by tepic 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tepic
    tepic

The F&D Slave doctrine is what gives the WT it's control.(My comments in blue)

*** it-1 p. 805 Faithful and Discreet Slave ***

When answering the apostles? question concerning his future presence and the conclusion of the existing system of things, Jesus Christ included a parable, or illustration, dealing with a "faithful and discreet slave" and an "evil slave.

Does a parable or illustration require a fulfillment?

Even if it does, what about the timing?

*** w87 8/1 p. 16 Christ?s Active Leadership Today ***

5 The modern history of God?s people shows that this time of accounting came in 1918-19

They were collectively found to be the "slave

Note this application of Jesus' coming:

"*** w97 3/1 p. 13 Are You Ready for Jehovah?s Day? ***

On this account you too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that you do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming." (Matthew 24:40-44;-----) Not knowing the exact time of Jesus? coming to execute God?s vengeance tends to keep us vigilant and gives us daily opportunity to prove that we serve Jehovah with unselfish motives.

Then the context of the illustration:

(Matthew 24:36-47) 36 "Concerning that day and hour (Jesus? coming to execute God?s vengeance) nobody knows, ------------------42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.(Jesus? coming to execute God?s vengeance) -----------------------44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming. (Jesus? coming to execute God?s vengeance) 45 "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

How can verse 46 step out of the context & apply to 1914 / 1919

If this has been covered somewhere else, please accept my apologies.

• tepic
    tepic

oops

Sorry about the size of that thing.

I'll try to do better.

• Pole
    Pole

It's difficult to get this message across to the average JW, because that's the only way of looking at this parable they have ever been told.

The simplest question you could ask them about the FDS doctrine is who actually came up with this interpretation of the parable? It was the FDS themselves.

There is no independent verification. It's a parable which the FDS megalomaniacs interpreted and applied to themselves. It's really ridiculous once you realize that.

Pole

• robhic
    robhic

This makes for some interesting (and relevant) reading:

(And no, I didn't write this, it is a compilation made from a couple of different posters.)

" Heavy research is not necessary, the watchtower has done it all for you. The most beneficial study you can make is to read the Watchtower and Awake magazines or any new book by the organization"

Genesis 39:4-5 says that "Joseph found favor in his lord's sight and was pleasing to him, and he appointed him over his house, and all that he had he gave into Joseph's hand. And it happened that after he appointed him over his house, and over all that was his, the Lord blessed the house of the Egyptian." Does that sound familiar in any way? The statement bears close resemblance with the Parable of the Faithful and Wise Servant (Luke 12:42-46) which begins with the question, "Who then is the faithful and wise servant whom the lord appointed over his house to give them rations of food at the appointed time?" The resemblance in wording is especially close when we examine the original Greek:

(Leolaia)

===============================================================

One interesting observation that is of note is the two different positions that the WT religion teaches on the idea concerning the issue the Witnesses having to identify themselves as being a member of the Watchtower organization for their salvation One the one hand, it is taught that were one to impute salvation toward ?an organization? one would be engaging in a ?modern version of idolatry.? And yet, one the other hand, it is ?essential to their salvation? for a member of the Watchtower religion to ?identify themselves with Jehovah?s organization.? Indeed, two sets of scales is not good, and outright deception and intellectual dishonesty is seen clearly in that the WT teaches of these two different views. How the reader of WT publications could have missed this one in the exact same month is simply amazing. Note the following quotes.

We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry?be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization. (1 Corinthians 10:14; 1 John 5:21)

And in the next breath?

*** km 11/90 p. 1 Directing Bible Students to Jehovah?s Organization ***

Directing Bible Students to Jehovah?s Organization 1 Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the ?one flock? Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah?s organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established.

*** Rbi8 Proverbs 20:23 ***

23 Two sorts of weights are something detestable to Jehovah, and a cheating pair of scales is not good.

==============================================================

"Then Peter said, "Lord, are you saying this parable to us only, or also to all?" And Jesus said, "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master set down over his household to give them their food in due season?" (Luke 12:41, 42; Matthew 24:45)

All Jesus did was ask a question. Who really is...? Then, Jesus ANSWERS that question.

"Happy is that slave when his master UPON ARRIVING finds him doing so. Amen I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings." (Matthew 24:46, 47; Luke 12:43, 44)

Has the Master arrived yet? (Matthew 24:30; 1 Corinthians 11:26) The 'faithful and discreet servant' has not and WILL NOT be 'identified' until the Master arrives. Why do we have to wait until the Master arrives? Jesus answers that too.

"But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart 'My master is delaying' and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the drunkards; the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and at an hour that he does not know, and will cut him in two and will assign him with the hypocrites. There is where the weeping and the gnashing of his teeth will be." (Matthew 24:48-51; Luke 12:45, 46)

Jesus said the faithful slave could become wicked at ANYTIME. He doesn't say out in the open, but he says in his HEART 'My master is delaying.' No one can really know he is a wicked slave until the Master comes. Hence, if the slave is faithful even until the master returns (whenever he returns), he really is faithful. So no one will know who the faithful slave is (if there even is one) until the master arrives.

Further... They tell you that the faithful and discreet slave is the "mouthpiece" of God on earth. Is this true?

"God, who long ago on many occasions and in many ways spoke to our fathers by the mouth of the prophets has at the end of these days spoken to us by the mouth of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the system of things." (Hebrews 1:1, 2)

God in the past spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets, not an organization. The prophets on earth served as his mouthpiece to his people. In these last days, God speaks to us by the mouth of a Son. So the Son is God's "mouthpiece" today. How does the Son speak to us?

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me." (John 10:27)

"I have other sheep that are not of this fold, those also I must bring in, and they will LISTEN TO MY VOICE, and they shall become one flock with one shepherd." (John 10:16)

From where do they listen to his voice? Is it through an organization? From the Bible? The scriptures say:

"See that you do not beg off from him who is speaking. For if they did not escape who begged off from him who gave divine warning upon the earth, much more so we if we beg off from him who speaks FROM THE HEAVENS." (Hebrews 12:25).

So God speaks to us today by the mouth of his Son not through an organization, nor through the Bible... but directly "from the heavens."

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Besides, tepic, everyone knows there is yet new light to be revealed. Wait on Jehovah! By which I mean, wait on the Faithful and Discreet Slave (i.e. the pen name for the Governing Body) who position themselves between Jehovah and the other sheep. When it is Jehovah's due time all will be revealed to his slaves "the prophets." Someone recently asked for any place where they specifically call themselves prophets. The answer is, all throughout the WT Library CD.

Amos 3:7 For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.

Notably, this scripture is repeatedly applied to the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

ip-1 chap. 23 p. 310 ¶ 18; w00 9/1 pp. 12-13 ¶ 7; w99 10/1 p. 5 ¶ 4; w99 10/1 p. 27 and there are many, many others. In 2002, they diffused the obvious responses with an article that gave them 100% authority as prophets and zero accountability for inaccuracies.

(w02 10/1 p. 17) 22 Another reason for confidence is that "the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7) Today, Jehovah does not inspire prophets as in the past; instead, he has commissioned a faithful slave class to provide timely spiritual food to his household. (Matthew 24:45-47) How important, therefore, that we have an obedient attitude toward that "slave"! As the following article will show, such obedience also reflects our attitude toward Jesus, the ?slave?s? master. He is the One to whom ?the obedience of the peoples belongs.??Genesis 49:10.

Our reason for confidence is that Jehovah has switched from an unfailing source of absolutely reliable guidance to one which is fallible in the extreme? Er ... anyone else see a logical flaw here?

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• FairMind
    FairMind

Tepic, Don Cameron has written a book titled Captives of a Concept that addresses the hold the WTS? FDS doctrine has on JWs. I have read the book and believe it to be, in its? own way, as enlightening as the book Crisis of Conscience. This is not an expensive book and can be obtained (hard copy or download). If you are interested, visit www.captivesofaconcept.com . I believe that anyone who reads this book will find it quite worth their while. FairMind

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    " Heavy research is not necessary, the watchtower has done it all for you. The most beneficial study you can make is to read the Watchtower and Awake magazines or any new book by the organization"

This just in from the Faithfull and Discreet Slave, God's only mouthpiece on earth!

Danger! Do not think for yourselves. Free Will is a false doctrine and has infiltrated the organization through apostate spies. Free Will is a myth. Free will is apostate lies! Jehovah does not permit free will!

Hey! Put that curtain down! Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain? Study, service, blind obedience?yada?yada?yada?

Jean

• tepic
    tepic
    Captives of a Concept that addresses the hold the WTS? FDS doctrine has on JWs. I have read the book and believe it to be, in its? own way, as enlightening as the book Crisis of Conscience

Thanks Fairmind.

That is a pretty tall order (wouldn't it be great if all would read COC).

I'll give it a look

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit