Should I even bother writing a DA letter?

by marked 1 Replies latest jw friends

• marked
    marked

Hey everyone.
    My post count indicates I'm new, but I've been lurking here regularly for at least a year now.

Quick and simple: should I write a DA letter or not?

My wife and I left physically well over a year ago (relocating to a new province helped expedite our departure - I recommend this to anyone having a hard time with "the move"), and we went from "What if they DF us?" to "What if we DA'd?" to "Let's DA!" But now, my attitude is: "DA or DF. Who cares?"

We've both moved on from all the fear and guilt that was once lumped on us, but she still wants to DA, her thinking being: "We're not going out like that! When it's announced from the platform, I want all our (former) friends and family know that this decision was made by us alone."

I see her point. But isn't going through the effort of writing a DA latter still following their rules?

marked

• blondie
    blondie

I have "faded" but I can understand why you might want to DA and get the crap behind you. Family relationships are a consderationn for some not wanting to make it impossible for JW family to have contact with them. Some don't want to DA because they don't want to play the WT game. Others DA when it is imminent that they might be DF'd so that it is their decision.

You have to weigh the pros and cons.

Love, Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit