Making the Word of His Servant Come True

by RationalWitness 5 Replies latest jw friends

• RationalWitness
    RationalWitness

Isaiah 44:26 quotes Jehovah as saying: "I am . . . the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers."

The 5/1/97 Watchtower says of this:

JEHOVAH GOD is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning--yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!
    In retrospect, which of the many date-oriented 'messages' (or other types of prognostication) delivered by the Society over the past 100 years have come true? What does this suggest about the Society in view of Isaiah 44:26 and The Watchtower's own comments?

Cheers,
    Rational

• peterstride
    peterstride

I find it hard to believe that the WTS can print stuff like this without even blushing. How can they not apply this to themselves, after all the false predictions and missinformation they have printed?

In my experience, when someone is guilty of something, he'll try to deflect attention away from himself by accusing someone else of the same crime. Incredible.

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Actually they were right about 1975 being the end! It just wasn't as bad as we expected it to be! And the New Order isn't quite what I expected personally, but we certainly shouldn't fault New York, as they get their messages from an angel of God.

Just 'kidden' Rational Witness, good point you made.

Outaservice (Picking Out Houses For Myself for when the 'end' comes)

• Maximus
    Maximus

:: JEHOVAH GOD is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning--yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!

As I've said, there is a God and She has a sense of humor. Very pissed off over the 1975 prognostication, She certainly got even with prognosticator Frederick W. Franz in a very large way, not taking kindly to his personal prediliction for stimulating the friends by setting dates just like JFRutherford and the Pastor and all the good Adventists from whose loins they sprang.

Ah, but the rudderless organization proclaims its horrible lack of growth and vitality is due to "lack of zeal" in the field!

I wonder what major Biblical prophecy was fulfilled in the glowing Awake! article on the UN?

Maximus
    Who prognosticates tougher times ahead for Watchtower.

• Anchor
    Anchor

My take is that the exalted writer has for long taken advantage of the expected JW suspension of disbelief when it comes to anything published in the magazines. I'm finding more and more that individuals question what they see.

When a DC ends with an admonition to teach URGENTLY without any motivation, isn't it a bit like the little boy who cried Wolf! Wolf!

Anchor

• comment
    comment

Just about the quote from the 1997 WT: I always *hated* the Society's propensity for making up these silly epithets to describe Jehovah.

Such as the "Grand Identifier" or the "Great Exposer."

What other ones? Oh, the "Great Potmaker," or our "Heavenly Grandfather" (in some convoluted description of the role Jesus would take on at the end of the Thousand-Year Reign). Many more.

Is it really necessary to dress up the Creator of the Universe?

comment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit