Sex And Baal.

by Englishman 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I was recalling yesterday with a newbie -ex how some dub folk liken the sex act to Baal worship.

We had one chappie in our congregation who would forever be admonishing us that partaking in oral sex or anal sex (why are they always bracketed together by JW's?) were in themselves an act of Baal worship even if one was legally married to the initiator / recipient.

I don't get it. (the point of view, not the sex) Anyone else come across this one?

Englishman.

• franklin J
    franklin J

not specifically,

but I can imagine whay the ancients would create a worship cult around sex...considering the enourmous "high" that the after effects leave you with. Imagine that "high" as a renewable energy field which is renewed and intensified with each sex act.

....this worldly thinking just gets better and better....

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

The JWs and their obsession with their asherah pole. They just can't help thinking about what they might be missing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have heard the view in JW and elder circles that Oral (but not anal) is in effect worship of the phallus and was thus Baal worship -Ashtoreth sacred pole etc.

Anal was out because that what homosexuals did and we did not want to imitate them (Silly if you ask me - homosexuals also kiss so does that mean we can not kiss?)

• DHL
    DHL

Forbidden fruits always have the sweetest taste.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Think of it like this English:

Jehovah was the male (Sun God of meat and gravy)

Baal was the female (Moon God of fruit & veg)

They were like any old married Gods .. or even the Royal family - disfuntional & cranky to the max - the very thought of them "doing it" disgusts the kids.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

when you all talk dirty it makes me miss sex.. really it does..

stay away from my butt and if you wanna be "worshipped" you better buy dinner first!

• Mac
    Mac

I just hate people that bail during sex..Grrrrrrr!!!!!!(It hurts, it hurts!!!!) mac ;P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit