What do you think

by IP_SEC 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

This is part of an apostate book I'm writing. Please tell me if the thought is coherent.

1. Where does the bible say that only the Governing Body can understand the scriptures?
    2. When in history has God?s word only been interpretable by a few select men?
    3. Could the Pentateuch be interpreted only by the Governing Body? How about The Books of the Kings? The Psalms? The Prophets?
    4. Since these books could be understood with out the help of the Governing Body in Israel and they make up the largest portion of the bible, do we only need the Governing Body?s help to understand the Greek Scriptures?

Muchos Gracias, I'm off to watch an all new The Simpsons

IPSec

• Carmel
    Carmel

Sorry but the book is sealed up until the "one like unto the son of man" comes and unseals them. The governing body is a sham.

carmel

• under74
    under74

"2. When in history has God?s word only been interpretable by a few select men?"

This one's interesting to me because it's something I've been thinking about lately. More in a historical sense. Here's what I've been thinking--The JWs have a certain openess in that anyone can become a preacher (pioneer for anyone, MS or elder for any man). Now I'm thinking that this is taken from other religions but originated in Western culture from the Quakers. The huge difference is that the Quakers believed that the scriptures had to be interpreted by the individual. No one could tell another how to read the Bible and.....sorry just had to write out what i've been thinkin'.

It all seems coherent to me IP.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yes and the thing is, being a minister/preacher means spewing/regurgitating the teachings of Counsel of Brookly'n.

Ha Carmel!

NKnorr: "Ok guys well it's time, let?s break this seal."
    FFranz: "Ehh we see here that evidently Greek past participle...."
    NKnorr: "Will you just tell us the prophecy you lunk head"
    FFranz: "Ehh er well 1975 is apparently the beginning of the millennial reign"
    NKnorr: "OhhBoy Imagine the frenzy"
    HolyCurly: "Hey fellas! Look! It's the wrong seal!
    ALL: Nayah ahh ahah ahah
    HolyCurly: Wooboobooboo Wooboobooboo Wooboobooboo Woo
    NKnorr: Why, I outa knock your brains out if you had any. This is all yor fault, you numbskull.
    FFranz: I'm sorry Knoe please forgive me. Honestly I didnt know.
    Nknorr: Ahh It's alright porcipine. *slap* Now spread out!

• poppers
    poppers

1. Where does the bible say that only the Governing Body can understand the scriptures?

I would reword it this way:

Where in the bible does it say that only the Governing Body can understand the scriptures?

• poppers
    poppers

"4. Since these books could be understood with out the help of the Governing Body in Israel and they make up the largest portion of the bible, do we only need the Governing Body?s help to understand the Greek Scriptures?"

This is kind of fuzzy to me. I am not and never have been a dub so I am trying to figure out what exactly you mean. I realize that this is probably written for someone knowledgeable about JW and they most likely would know what you are referring to. To the casual reader, however, it is a bit confusing. As it stands, it sounds like the GB is in Isreal now. Is that the case? (really, I don't know)

Do you mean to convey the idea that the Governing Body wasn't in existence at the time the books in the bible were written? If so, perhaps something like the following would be more clear:

Since the Governing Body wasn't in existence at the time these books were written, and these books make up the largest portion of the bible, do we need only the Governing Body's help in understanding the Greek Scriptures?

For the casual reader this would make more sense. Just my opinion.

If you stick with your original idea make 'with out' one word - without

• Honesty
    Honesty

5. The ONLY way mankind can approach God is through the Governing Body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit