No one's home?

by imnottheonlyone! 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• imnottheonlyone!
    imnottheonlyone!

I was just remembering back to when I was around 13 years old or so. My friend, who was 15, and I were both pretty sick and tired of field service. We tried to work together as much as possible and one summer we worked almost exclusively alone as door-to-door partners. We would go up to the house and pretend to ring or knock. We'd get back in the car to account for our houses...and look at that! No one was home...We tried to be sure we got put in different cargroups to be sure we wouldn't be found out. We never got called on it! Bad, bad girl..I know.

D

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Those of us who would have answered the door had you really knocked thank you!!

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

yea that was the only good thing about service other than coffee breaks. if u went with someone ur age, u could pretend to knock, pretend to talk, and ALWAYS balk

• sistaintheback
    sistaintheback

My best friend and I did the exact same thing. She would put her finger right next to the doorbell and we would both say "ding dong" with our mouths. Once someone came to the door because they were on their way out. We startled her and she startled us. We told her that we were sorry that we caught her on the way out and here is this free tract and we will call again at a better time. Then we giggled all the way to the next door.

• Neo
    Neo

It is a make-believe ministry... This is so common but of course no dub would ever mention doing it. Makes you think about the fact that the hours reported are actually empty numbers.

Anyone else ever did it?

Neo

• Purza
    Purza

Yep we did this too. Me and my best friend (at the time, and she still is now) would work together all the time. Sometimes we would be laughing so hard when the householder actually opened the door we couldn't talk!!!! We even had the householder laughing with us (or slam the door in disgust).

I don't think they allow kids or teens to work together anymore like that.

Those were the days. . . .

Purza

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I did that sometimes, when I was feeling down . Except that i was grown up - No excuse

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Yeah - I used to love working with one of my fellow 'teens' - we would pretend to knock the doors and have a really good giggle. We also used to waste time and end up disappearing to the nearest shop, so when you added it up there wasn't a lot of service being done!

We got away with this for a while, but inevitably we were split up...

FF

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

In our congo. the big thing was mini-vans that could sit up to 7 people...for a 2 hour service morning.So with all the driving and a few rv's in there,some people only got out once for a not-at-home.Sit there,shoot the shit,act spiritual,feign disapointment for not having a productive meeting and head off home with 2 easy hours(2.5 if you left early and got back a little late).

Same bull next week.....

• Gill
    Gill

I'm so relieved. I thought I was the only one bad enough! I always pretended to ring the door bell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit