Want Fries With That?

by jeanniebeanz 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Last evening, the family and I went for our traditional Monday "I?m too tired to cook" meal at MickieDees. Our son can never stop talking about his order; hamburger happy meal with a boy toy, and make sure they don?t put pickles, mustard or onions on the burger. We hear that all the way there on most occasions.

For some reason, maybe because I?ve been spending so much time here the past few days, Hubby and I got onto the subject of biblical doctrine and religion, punctuated by at least 10 chorus of "mom?don?t forget. I don?t like pickles."

We ranged all over the place; the Trinity, making sure of your reasons for what you believe, hell fire (he believes, I haven?t made up my mind yet), heaven, nature of the soul; I mean we really got into it and believe me we do not see eye to eye on some of those things.

It was after ordering our dinner and heading home we realized that our son was not speaking up, and mildly alarmed that our heated debate had worried him, I asked, "honey, what you thinkin?" He replied:

"I hope those morons didn?t put mustard on my hand-burger again."

Man, ...adults worry about all the wrong things.

Jean

• jaredg
    jaredg

you need to see "supersize me"

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

too late...

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

lol @ jaredg

She is making a statement about how children view things in life as compared to how adults tent to over analyze things and what you latch on to is the fact that she went to McDonalds???

supersizeme is taking it to the extreme anyhow, though I am sure there are people who actually eat there every day for every meal... I am sure that most of those people are already dead or pretty damn close to it.

Jeannie.... cute story. Very interesting what really is important to little ones, eh?

Kansas District Overbeer

• prophecor
    prophecor

Children do have incredible insight a'ight!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit