Lying
    Withholding evidence
    Abuse of power
    Cronyism
    Double standards

Witnesses for the defence:

Jehovah’s Witnesses

CALL THE FIRST WITNESS:

Prosecution: Mr Elder have you ever lied or withheld evidence? How do you answer?

• logical
    logical

Who is Jehovah God?

• r51785
    r51785

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe the theme of the Bible is a "Universal Court Case" with Jehovah as the accused and Satan as the accuser. Only a religion invented by a lawyer and currently run by lawyers could come up with such an idea.
    The Jehovah's Witnesses are the quintessential American religion reflecting two of the most obnoxious American obsessions from the previous two centuries. From the nineteenth century we have Millenarianism (I hope I spelled that right!) And from the twentieth century we have excessive litigiousness.
    I feel sorry for all the non-Americans who got suckered into this fine piece of American cultural imperialism.

• TR
    TR

r51785,

I'm touchy on America bashing lately, but both examples you cite are equally repulsive to me also. If millenialism and litigation are American obsessions, I know very few Americans with these obsessions, BUT, obviously there are many with the litigation obsession, I just don't know any.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• hippikon
    hippikon

The point I was making is that on the testimony of JW's God would be found Guilty and sent to a speedy execution. They are full of the very same “accusations” they are supposably defending God of.

"God was evolutions biggest mistake"
    Hippikon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit