Replacing old trash with new trash

by Nosferatu 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hey all, I'm just sitting here trying to remember some of the books that have been replaced and the books that replaced them. What other ones were there?

Babylon The Great has Fallen - replaced with - Revelation It's Grand Climax (wasn't there another Revelation book in there somewhere?

Listening to The Great Teacher - replaced with - Learn From The Great Teacher (yeah, nice title change)

You Can Live Forever in Paradise On Earth - replaced with - Knowledge That Leads To Everlasting Life (I have no clue what other study books there were)

Also, did the Young People Ask book replace the Your Youth book, or is it just another piece of shit to add to the pile?

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

"The Bible Gods word or mans"? -replaced by New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Also, did the Young People Ask book replace the Your Youth book?

Yes it did!

Actually the new "Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Confusion" replaced the old blue "Truth" book. The Live Forever book technically is just an old publication. The Truth book is completely out of print.

Even the Live Forever book original version was replaced with a newer version in 1989 when they did a flip-flop on the "Sodom and Gomorrah" issue and whether the inhabitants of those cities would be resurrected.

The "Secret of Family Happiness" book replaced the old "Family Life that makes you happy" (or whatever the official title was).

"Is There a Creator Who Cares About You" replaced the old pseudo-scientific marvel called "Life -- How Did It Get Here, by Creation or Evolution".

And...our all time favorite "Sing Praises to Jehovah" came out in 1984 to replace the old songbook "Singing with a song in your heart" or whatever.

• mamas
    mamas

well at least you can appreciate that they try to keep updated on everything in their religion. whether u believe its right or wrong...they do the best in keeping things new and fresh.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    well at least you can appreciate that they try to keep updated on everything in their religion. whether u believe its right or wrong...they do the best in keeping things new and fresh.

Constant repetitition and re-packaging creates the illusion of new "spiritual food". I just remembered another one... The "Insight" books replaced the old "Aid to Bible Understanding", although many or most of the articles in the "Insight" volumes were copied word-for-word from the old volume.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I don't remember specific examples, but I do remember that whenever a new book was released that there were some people who would get out their comparison glasses and tear into them to find all the 'new light' which had grown out of the previous 'new light' which was now just the same old 'darkness'.

LOL

Jean

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

United in Worship of The Only True God was replaced with Worshipping the only true God Unitedly or something similar. It's more-or-less a word-for-word reprint with a couple of chapters missing, one on blood and one on chronology if memory serves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit