Anointed - HOW many?

by TheEdge 8 Replies latest jw friends

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

I am just interested in if the books are ''closed'' - or may a vacancy arise if one drops out? (This is what I understood from my youth) - If so, and a ''NEW'' anointed emerges, is it ever known WHO he/she is replacing? If not, then there could ALWAYS be those professing to be anointed on Earth This all seems a bit vague to me...does anyone understand my ramblings?

• under74
    under74

mmm...I think I understand what you're saying. As far as I know nothing's changed. I don't see how they could keep track of all those that have said they were annointed but dropped out and their replacements. I ean it seems to me that nearly every KH has had an annointed one...it's just too many, not to mention all those that have died...too many.

BTW- my brother is annointed...he's not associated with JWs anymore ...and was never baptized but when he was 4 he partook. he grabbed the wine glass and took a huge swig. The MS was careful with the bread but after the servise was over he ran up to the podium and grabbed a piece off of the table display. He says to this day that he's better than everyone else because he's gonna rule with jesus...

• Mary
    Mary
    when he was 4 he partook. he grabbed the wine glass and took a huge swig. The MS was careful with the bread but after the servise was over he ran up to the podium and grabbed a piece off of the table display. He says to this day that he's better than everyone else because he's gonna rule with jesus...

LMAO!! That's a scream!! Hey, didn't Jesus tell his disciples that unless they became like little children that they could kiss their place in heaven good-bye?? Or something like that........so was your 4 year old brother hauled in the backroom for a chat with the elders explaining why he wasn't part of the 144,000??

• under74
    under74

He wasn't hauled into the back. My mom slapped his knee real hard though. I think there were a couple of chuckles from people when he took the wine but the majority frowned upon it....I think he was determined to make himself annointed, because he knew he'd get in huge trouble if he went after the bread and he did it anyway.

I don't know if my mom got talked to about her unruley child though...I'll have to ask her about that.

• Undecided
    Undecided

There was one lady who was of the anointed who had a stroke at the memorial at our KH and died later that day. I missed that one. She and my mother were partners as special pioneers for many years. I didn't get the details of how it went at the hall when it happened.

Ken P.

• Mary
    Mary
    I think there were a couple of chuckles from people when he took the wine but the majority frowned upon it....

Ya I'll be they did. A 4 year old can be such a threat to the structure of a multi-billion dollar printing press eh? I'm surprised they didn't try and disfellowship him!!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I am just interested in if the books are ''closed'' - or may a vacancy arise if one drops out?

Yes indeed...The books are never closed. Most of the 8500 or so "anointed"? now partaking are in fact replacements since the "calling" was closed in 1935 (?) and most were not even born then. There will be in the future replacements for the replacements as many turn to apostacy and drop out.

All this does not matter to the WT.The fact of the matter is that they do not care or keep track personally of those who profess to be annointed.In spite of the"fact" that ALL the remaining annointed are supposed to be in charge of the organization no imput is allowed or tolerated from "annointed" not in the inner circle of power.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

I see Poztate - so you mean that the ''Remnant'' are a ''Means to an End'' (no pun intended). ie.: As long as there is always one / some surviving, then the JWs can ''legitimately'' exist.....I did understand that anointed are replaced if ones ''fall away'' (although I have never understood WHY someone who has been hand-picked by God WOULD choose to leave)and the 8500 number seems higher than I remember it 10 years ago...

Thanks for your input - and the laugh

• onacruse
    onacruse

There were 52,465 partakers in 1935. Assuming that the majority of them were 25-30 years old (a minimal allowance), that would make them ~100 years old today. Straightforward actuarial calculations would suggest a survival rate of <500 of that "remnant."

I've been told that certain WTS representatives have admitted (albeit behind closed doors) that there are less than 300 'anointed' left from 1935.

So, assuming that the 'newcomers' are replacements for defective anointed, the apostacy rate in the ranks of the spirit-anointed is about 95%.

And along the lines of what Poztate said: Originally, the "remnant" (remember the Ruth/Esther/Mordecai/Jeremiah/Ezekiel/Ebed-melech classes, etc, etc?) was limited to those who had actually gone through the purgings of 1918-1919, delivered by the hand of the newly enthroned King Jesus, as per Malachi's prophecy. But new times require new explanations.

"Hell of a way to run a hospital!" LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit