Injustice of the elders

by chuckyy 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

I am so angry tonight. There is an elder and his wife who have upset so many with cruel/biting comments. One family of 14 moved away because of them. My wife and I disassociated ourselves because of their cruelty, and another brother/sister are going to move away because of them. Nothing has been done about them, because of the remaining 5 elders, 4 are in their social clique....he is still up there giving talks....so self righteous and I just honestly want to do something physical...like beat him to a pulp....please help me!!!!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Beat him to a pulp and you`ll end up in jail,and the bastard will still be up on stage..Just walk away...OUTLAW

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

.....and 4 of the other 5 elders are ALL in his social 'clique'? WHY? Do you sense that maybe they are afraid NOT to be?...and how is the remaining Elder treated?

I agree with Outlaw, I know it's tempting, but don't do anything rash. Have a think about it.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    There is an elder and his wife who have upset so many with cruel/biting comments.

Can I ask what kind of cruel biting comments? I'm trying to think of what he could say that would make one family move and you so mad that you would want to hit him.

Oh, and welcome.

Lisa

I

• Maverick
    Maverick

Why do anything? Think of all the GOOD this jerk is doing. He is driving people away! You should encourage this guy to be MORE extreme. Find the worst and most thoughtless thing he has done and tell him how right he was for doing it. Praise him and build up his ego. He will self-distruct all on his own, trust me.

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

The elder is the service overseer and he told a whole family (a particularly lovely family...2 of whom were pioneers)

to clear off!!!...the sooner that they went the better and he didn't care about any of them. Worse still, he said publicly at a wedding reception. All they had done was to complain about the clique that had formed around this elder.

This same elder /his family told my wife that it was better for his 5 yr old not to associate too much with my 5 yr old because my 5 yr old is disabled and too much association could hinder his childs development...he even told his kid not to play with mine in school. His family also informed my little girl that she had a heart problem....

What really makes me angry is that there are so many other things that he has done...but nothing was ever done to him because he is 'in' with the other elders.....so when I hear he has given a talk on "LOVE'....yes i do feel like hitting him

nick

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Nick,

Nothing sets people off like hypocrisy. And second in line to that is injustice. Here you see a hypocrite that is getting away with it. So naturally, it ticks you off.

But keep in mind, he's a small part of a very big organization that unwittingly creates people like him. The watchtower decides who has authority and who doesn't, then hands it out and demands that the rest bow down. Total unquestioning obedience. That's quite a rush for some people, most probably. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and all that.

Rather than get so angry over it, understand it. The guy is probably genetically predisposed to having authority-abuse problems. At work, they recognize it and don't put him in management, at least not upper management. Maybe he's foreman over some throwaway employees they don't mind high turnaround with. But he doesn't control the folks they want to keep. But in the organization, if you put in enough hours, keep your kids in line, and mow the grass when it's your turn, you're in line for that shiny silver Elder's Badge, power-hungry issues not withstanding.

Be glad that you are breaking free from that sort of foolishness and naivety. Let him think he's a big fish, let the other guppies in the congregation fear him if they want to. You on the other hand, just laugh. Laugh at him for thinking he's something when he's really nothing. Laugh at the idea that you ever cared what he thought or how he acted. Laugh at how ridiculous it is to choose leaders based on their ability to limit themselves to one wife!

The anger will burn you out, Nick. Let it go. You can't change it, you can only let it go.

Remember, laugh.

Dave

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This CO, Mr. Ramirez, who is now serving somewhere in California, was so cruel and self-righteous when he addressed the congregation that I sincerely wanted one of the brothers to get up the courage to beat him up but good!

Of course, being the excellent 'men worshippers' that they all are in there, nobody did a thing. We all took his abusive talks and kept on ticking as a good JWs would.

I felt like slapping him at times, but couldn't work up the courage. He was/is down right mean!

Well, back then he was single and had been for many, many years. I hear now that he's married, and has unloaded all his sexual frustration, he's calmed down some.

DY

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

chukky,

This same elder /his family told my wife that it was better for his 5 yr old not to associate too much with my 5 yr old because my 5 yr old is disabled and too much association could hinder his childs development...he even told his kid not to play with mine in school. His family also informed my little girl that she had a heart problem....

What an a**hole. what possible reason could someone have for doing this other than being outright sadistic and of lesser than average intelligence. Maybe you should have your family avoid him and state that you are conserned with associating with his family due to the established medical fact that stupidity is contageous...

<Sorry, doing this to the child is what really set me off this morning...>

Jean

• FairMind
    FairMind

I’ve known some pretty low down Elders but this guy takes the cake. Maybe an anonymous letter to the WTS detailing as many of this jerks evil deeds along with his name and congregation would help. At the very least when the WTS sent him a copy of it he’d be so mad he might have a stroke.

FM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit