The magazines sell themselves!

by Nosferatu 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

A lady is waiting at the bus stop when she notices something in the bush. It's a magazine with a picture of the earth blowing up with a caption saying "Is There Any Hope For Your Dead Loved Ones?" The woman picks up the magazine and begins to read. She is so touched by the magazine that she cuts out the thing on the back of the magazine, fills out the information, and sends it to the Watchtower Society. A sister gets in touch with her, and a study is immediately started! Within a year, the woman is baptized, she becomes a regular pioneer, and to top it all off, she's one of the anointed!

Wasn't that a fine experience brothers and sisters? (applause)

Now, has anyone actually known someone to come into the troof by finding a discarded Watchtower or Awake?

• franklin J
    franklin J

no....but are they still ten cents

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Perhaps we should have a seperate heading here "JW URBAN LEGENDS"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The magazines sell themselves!

Yeah, especially when they are free trash that someone digs out of the bushes.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

I like xjw's idea - am spotting a few regurgitated stories...and as for being one of the Anointed - just out of interest, does anyone know when the books were ''closed''?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Heard this experience (urban legend) but I have never met anybody who came in da troof by this method

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

An elder of my acquaintance told me that he found a tract in the street, found out who distributed it , studied etc....

A 'sister ' that I once knew well had read a magazine before leaving to live in the UK. On arrival in London took a taxi to the London Bethel (some distance!) then asked all about it, arranged a study .....

Come to think of it , my one and only progessive B. Study had already read the book because someone had given it to his father. He came and asked me for a study , then was later baptised......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit