How long have they been keeping records for?

by inquirer 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• inquirer
    inquirer

Sorry with all these threads, but this is something that I detest! FLAMING RECORDS! :(

• inquirer
    inquirer

Also, didn't Jesus say not to keep anything in secret?

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Lol - don't know which thread to respond to. I was unaware that records were kept for so long - after all, if someone commits a CRIME (unless it is very serious), it is ''spent'' after 5 years.

I agree with other comments I have read - that Elders (because they have no REAL authority), like to create some for themselves - making them feel powerful - and even if just ONE member of the Congregation is in awe of them, it reinforces their Authority and position.

• blondie
    blondie

I think they kept some records in the early years especially when pilgrims (COs) and colporteurs (regular/special pioneers) started being sent out. As to how many JWs there were, I think the count at the Memorial was the basis of that statistic. They would have large numbers of tracts printed and distributed, some by Bible Students (no JWs then) and some through newspaper distributors. At one point there were barely 6,000 of them so you know they didn't hand out millions through d2d or street work.

Actually, it wasn't until Rutherford came on board that time slips and closer record keeping started.

Blondie

• geevee
    geevee

You might find that if the congregation secretary is not very diligent, Judicial Records [not DFed records] might be on file forever. Supposedly after 5 or 7 years they should be destroyed, but I have heard of 20 year old envelopes where the gum has come "unstuck"....guess what can happen?

• Raphael
    Raphael

An elder told me that society records relating to judicial cases are never destroyed...

• inquirer
    inquirer

blondie

Actually, it wasn't until Rutherford came on board that time slips and closer record keeping started.

Blondie

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did Rutheford way back then keep conduct records as well? Or just "field service" records?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit