Parents defend convicted Abu Ghraib guard

by kaykay_mp 2 Replies latest social current

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/01/17/graner.parents/index.html

I personally think that his parents fail to see the big picture here. Graner did get a fair trial and he deserves his sentence. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Spc., I mean, Pvt. Graner sez, "I was just following orders."

Bulls*&t. I was a Military Police officer from 1999-2003 and not once during my training did any of my superiors say to disrespect enemy prisoners of war (EPW's). Yes, show them who's in charge, but not the way those asswipes at Abu Ghraib did it. In fact, during the last time we did a mock EPW camp, it almost got that way, but we got our asses chewed out for it and had a class on the Geneva Convention when we got back to regular duty.

And Graner should have known better. He was a prison guard in his civilian life as well. Where did he even get the idea to do what he did?

Countries in the Middle East already despise us as it is. The next time we have a war there and some of our men and women become POW's, I won't be able to fathom what they're going to do to them.

God, this is so messed up.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Haven't you heard?!

There's only one good, smart, well-behaved, beautiful child in the world... And every parent has it.

DY

• glitter
    glitter

"Just following orders" ought to be investigated as well as just the people in the photos being convicted, but no matter what, the difference between right and wrong was obvious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit