I may be so busted...

by Emma 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma

I've never googled my name but decided to for some reason this morning.

There is a link to a class I co-taught at one of the local churches. No wonder my mom doesn't return my calls! There are two "elders" in my extended family. One probably would have looked for me, and I'm sure the other one did. He's probably is on all sorts of web sites a jw shouldn't be on, likely lurking here, too, looking for trouble. lol

So, has this happened to any one else?

Emma

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Unfortunately, when you google for my name you only get Pro-JW-comments.

Yes, I used to be an apologist.... :-(

• Emma
    Emma

Positive comments? Not me.

I'm surprised how much it doesn't bother me. Though I've tried not to close the door on them, it obviously doesn't work the other way around.

I must be moving forward, how nice. This forum has helped a lot.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Is your picture posted on the site? How do they know that someone with the same name wasn't the one at the church?

When I google my name I get back several others with the same name... even a guy who does the same kind of computer work as I do. What's cool is that he writes technical articles for computer related columns and anyone who looks up my name will think that I'm the one who is published!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Yeah, I googled myself a couple months ago and realized a couple of my links here come up. It doesn't bother me. I have nothing to lose anymore. I'm tired of living my real life in a closet when it comes to my parents. I've been disfellowshipped, I don't plan on going back, I DO believe their religion is harmful. I don't feel I need to hide that or apologize for it. If my parents or anyone else has an issue with it, it's THEIR issue. Not mine.

BTW, an old high school friend of mine googled me and found me through this site.

• Emma
    Emma

Elsewhere, I don't have a common name, so I don't think there will be any confusion as to who it is. I don't think there were references to anyone else, if I'm remembering correctly.

Billygoat, I'm nearing your "place." I never want to go back and also believe the cult is harmful; I've even put flyers around the area with the truth about the "truth": after jw's have been here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit