Prayer scam...

by Celia 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia

Has anyone received this mail too ? On the back of the envelope it says:

Dear Jesus,
    We pray that you will bless someone in this home spiritually, physically & financially. And Please Dear Lord, bless the one who?s (sic) hands open this letter. Make good changes in this one?s life and give them the desires of their heart. We pray over and bless this letter in your holy name. Amen.

Inside, there?s a letter from Saint Matthew?s Churches of Tulsa, OK. asking me to pray, kneeling on the praying rug enclosed, send the rug back in the enclosed envelope with the filled out questionnaire?. They want me to check the things I want them to pray for for me?.
    My soul? My health? To stop a bad habit? A better job? A new car? A money blessing? I want to be saved? Pray for God to bless me with this amount of money: $? etc. etc. There is also a line there that says : Enclosed is my seed gift to God?s work of $?.

Now the rug is a ca 17 in. by 11 in. poster, with the face of Jesus, with a crown of thorns, his eyes closed?. And in the letter they tell me I have to look Jesus straight in the eyes, and he will open his eyes slowly and look at me?. Now that?s creepy?
    The rug must be sent back to them with the prayer request the very next day.

?Be sure to return this prayer page with the rug. It is important to you to do so. The church will pay the postage for you. And you will receive a wonderful, free, spiritual gift that will be a blessing to you for a lifetime, as soon as we receive this back from you.

So? Should I return it? What are they after? My name? It was addressed to our address, no name, just Resident? What is this wonderful free spiritual gift they want to send me?

• Been there
    Been there

Celia,

I received one of those months ago. I figure they want MONEY. Prayers shouldn't cost any thing. I threw it in the garbage with the rest of the junk mail.

• under74
    under74

I wouldn't return it. You shouldn't do anything if it's unsolicited.

• chappy
    chappy

This little operation is in the same class as palm readers and fortune tellers. Why would you even consider sending it back? Don't be suckered by that word free.

• Celia
    Celia

I know it's a scam, I would just send it back (without the rug that I would keep to study and see if Jesus opens his eyes for me....) to correct their spelling mistakes.... and I would not give them my name.... I was just wondering if some people do send it back believing that their wishes are going to come true.... what if you don't send the "seed gift of $...) does it then work ?

I just went to their website, read this about the donations...

http://www.saintmatthewschurches.com/whytulsaaddress.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit