call Levi) developed a rare case of lukemia

He was only 2 years old at the time. He was suffering badly, and

the only way to save him was a blood transfusion. Ny aunt and

uncle (Who I will call Roger and Sarah) instantly wanted to turn

this young boy into a martyr by refusing him from getting a blood

transfusion.

Mind you this kid couldn't even speak whole sentences, much

more have an idea what it means to be a martyr, much less think

about how this dangerous idea has alot of faults in it's reasoning.

My aunt and uncle said "no" to the blood transfusion.

That's when the state of Minnesota stepped in, put a needle in

Levi's arm saved his life despite the chagrin of my aunt and uncle and now I can talk to him every day on MSN instead of visiting his grave. He's like a

little brother to me. Thank you, Minnesota Courts.

And I dedicate this graphic to him.

Use it as a bumper sticker if you want.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

AWWWWWWW CRR, I am very proud of our State for stepping in! Thank God that his life was spared! Thanks for sharing!

• anuva
    anuva

somebody fights for the truth ....

somewhere

anuva

• frozen one
    frozen one

Excellent story! Did the experience change your aunt and uncle's attitude toward the wbts's stance on blood? Are they happy to watch their son grow up? Does you cousin know anything about what happened or is that an event that his parents are hiding from him?

By the way, I live near Duluth. Where are you at.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

No, in fact, it strengthened their resolve in the killer cult to the point during the Heidi Meyer case (The thing that made me not want to ever step foot in a Kingdom Hall ever again) they called Heidi a liar and they called me a tool of Satan for finally opening up my eyes.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Frozen One, welcome to the board! We have a small but growing contingent of recovering JW's here in the godforsaken northern wasteland that is Minnesota(sorry, its just been so very nasty cold here the last few days).

Scootergirl is not far from you, and if you ever get to the Twin Cities just say the word and we can grab a cup of coffee somewheres.

No Apologies

p.s. didn't mean to hijack your thread CRR, thats a great story, glad to hear your cousin is still around.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Naww, it's OK, NA. Us lutefiskers need to stick together. For god's sake, we're borrowing people from Wisconsin for our apostafests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit