That age-old classic......

by JW72 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JW72
    JW72

Hi everyone,

My dad had a visit from the CO today(great!).

I overheard(cough cough) them talking and I heard the CO say "...yes they have made 5 or 6 errors of judgement, but as long as you know that it is the truth, this should not be a stumbling block for you".

Needless to say, my dad whole-heartedly agreed, aaagggghhhh!!!!.

My Dad went on to say that it doesn't matter what 'errors' are brought to his attention, it DOES NOT MATTER because he knows the 'nuts and bolts of it' are truth.

My question is, Does it matter??

I think it does, because, lets face it, all of us have fallen away due to 1 or all of theses 'errors of judgement', and a lot of the rest don't know about them or are TOLD NOT TO READ about it!!!!

IT IS IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!

Who agrees, and who has heard this age-old CLASSIC before????

Love

Chris

• Seeker
    Seeker

For me, it wasn't the errors I found shocking. It was the way the Society covered up their errors that was wrong. Of course they will make mistakes, as your father will agree, since they are imperfect humans. But in the Bible, when dealing with good examples, those who made mistakes and had those mistakes pointed out to them were humble about admitting their mistake. The Society is proud when confronted, and devious. That is the shocking part, not just the mistakes themselves.

• JW72
    JW72

Well yeh, but this particular CO said that the GB were always quick to admit mistakes and humble- a blatant lie I think u'll agree!!!

Chris

• gsark
    gsark

Rule # 1 the GB is always the truth.

Rule # 2 when the GB gets caught in a lie/error, see rule # 1

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• gsark
    gsark

Rule # 1 the GB is always the truth.

Rule # 2 when the GB gets caught in a lie/error, see rule # 1

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit