Help (Hemopure)

by caballoSentado 9 Replies latest watchtower medical

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

There is an old JW person I love, who may undergo heart surgery, I told him about hemopure. So I need help from you, where can I get information about it?... specially in relation to JWs?

Thanks for any help friends.
    Caballo Sentado

• blondie
    blondie

Hemopure is made from a blood fraction, hemoglobin, which is now a conscience matter.

I would save this website for any future questions. It is run by ex-JWs (and some JWs in the closet) some who served on the WT Hospital Liaison Committee.

http://ajwrb.org/

http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/hemopure.shtml

Watchtower Approves HemoPure for Jehovah's Witnesses

Articles in Spanish

http://ajwrb.org/foreign/abstain-port.shtml

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

Nice one Blondie

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Thanks blondie,

By the way, the articles are in Portuguese, not in Spanish.

Have a nice Day
    Caballo Sentado.

• blondie
    blondie

woops, check the site and see if there are Spanish ones. I was in a hurry and the 2 languages look similar in writing.

Blondie

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

My understanding is that hemopure and the other substitues are in testing phases only. As such, these treatments are not allowed to be provided to the general public and at all of the hospitals.

Maybe one should consult their physician and talk to someone at Hemopure or the other companies. I would urge the you to send an Email to the head of ajwrb. Go to www. ajwrb.org for further information.

hawk

• SwordOfJah
  • blondie
    blondie

One point that many JWs are not aware of is that all these products are made out of stored and/or outdated blood purchased from blood banks or in some cases animal blood.

Many JWs when finding this out find it hard to understand why these products are now a conscience matter per the WTS.

It reminds me of when organ transplants were a DFing offense between 1967 and 1980 and then suddenly became a conscience matter though nothing had changed. Organ transplants had been denounced as cannibalism but then in 1980 a complete turnaround.

I'm sure some JWs will accept hemoglobin-based products because the WTS says they can not because anything has changed regarding stored blood. I wonder if this will open the door to storing one's own blood in anticipation of an operation?

Blondie

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I'm pretty sure this is the one that was allowed by the JW's here. If it is the same..it builds up the blood (Or supposed to) after a blood loss or when a disease ravages the body.

My JW FIL had the shot when he had bone cancer.

Medicare would not pay for it and it was about $1,000. a shot!..Medicare did eventually kick in and cover some of it.

They quit after 3 shots..it wasn't doing him any good.

They seem to have a lot of options when undergoing surgery tho. I had to read all that when hubby was so sick. The chemo was wiping him out.

They have a machine that runs your own blood thru a machine and then puts it back in to prevent blood loss during surgery.It's similar to a dialysis machine.Autologous Divert Machine.

Hemo Dialysis-induced Hemo dialisis and Autologous "Divert".. but not Autologous (Your own stored blood)

The divert takes your own blood through a machine and returns it unstopped to your body.If the tube becomes disconnected for any reason..they have to stop.. Yep. You die!

They have a special hospital here in St Louis that caters to JW's..they perform open heart surgery without blood.

I hope your friend reads up on all the info. I had to do it for hubby and then explain it to my JW MIL..and she's been a witness since the 1940'sI hope all goes well for your friend..JW or not.

Snoozy..

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

SOJ: thanks for the info.
    Golden Girl: Thanks for your good wishes.
    Thanks to all
    Caballo Sentado

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit