I just realized that some of you would know my parents in Dallas.

by AloneinOh 1 Replies latest jw friends

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

My family moved there about 20 years ago. I don't know how many congregations there are, but judging from where they live I am assuming they go to the KH that is south of Dallas off of 35E. I have never been there, and have only seen them a couple times in the last 20 years.

My dad is an elder...(99% sure), so I imagine anyone from that cong would have to know them.

Who wants to tell me about them?.....good/bad elder, nice jws, jerks,....attittude, etc..? What about the rest of the cong? Decent group or not?

thanks!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'll bet you're talking about the Lancaster/DeSoto congregations, whose Kingdom Hall was right off 35E on Belt Line. I used to go there many moons ago, and my dad was an elder in the Lancaster congregation until they moved to Plano in 2000.

My dad's name was Bill Bibbee. My full first name is Christina (but I go by Nina) and I was in that congregation until 1983, when I married and moved, first to Arlington, then White Rock, then Plano.

The Lancaster and DeSoto congregations (they used to be one congregation, then split) are full of small town people -- some of the older ones had never even been to downtown Dallas. There are a few "in" families who kind of rule the congregations, though they're getting kind of old now so I don't know what the hierarchy is any more.

They were all profoundly shocked at how I handled my dad's funeral -- they're probably still gossiping about how the service began with "Amazing Grace"! And there wasn't an elder in sight. In fact, I believe a few of them walked out of the service in a huff (his memorial service was held in his retirement home).

Let me know if you want more info and I'll PM all the names I can remember. We try not to put people's names on the board unless we know it's permitted.

And welcome!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit