SCUNTHORPE LEAD CHELSEA!!!

by nicolaou 8 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

no kidding! conference team scunthorpe are leading the Premiership top dogs 1 - 0 in Chelseas back yard!!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

If Typhoo put the "T" in Britain, who put the **** in Scunthorpe?

..and it's now Chelsea1 Scunthorpe 1.

To anyone who doesn't know, Nic is referring to the FA Cup Competition, where the "minnows" get a chance to play against the big boys. Chelsea are the top UK team at present and Scunthorpe are, well, about 70 or so places below them.

Englishman.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Oh it's a great day to be English today!! Cracking!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

And Man Utd are goalless against non-league Exeter!!

Looks like a good 3rd Round to me!

• City Fan
    City Fan

=

=

I'm off to get drunk. I have decided that I will also support AC Milan, who will be my 'other' team from now on!

CF.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Speak English, people! No, not "English-English" but "American-English" (the "correct" english, if you will).
    :)

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Ugh. "American english" is not correct English. There is no such thing as "correct" English according to modern literary theory. If a language properly conveys its meaning, then it can be considered valid. But the notion of "correct" English would be the manifestation of the WASP middle-class sub-dialect trying to gain dominance over other groups including the educated, the rich, and the poor.

GLASGOW CELTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sure, they suck internationally, but in the SPL they're the best)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If Typhoo put the "T" in Britain, who put the **** in Scunthorpe?

and who put the CLIT in Clitheroe (Lanacashire near Simon) E-man

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'm off to get drunk. I have decided that I will also support AC Milan, who will be my 'other' team from now on!

Umm..something vex's thee, City Fan?

Just kidding, sorry to see Manchester City out so soon. On the good side, wasn't that incredible how tiny little Exeter held Manchester United to a 0-0 draw? I bet they field a stronger side for the replay!!!

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit