millions now living will/may never die

by heretic 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heretic
    heretic

i am a newbie and am loving the content on this site. your a switched on bunch.

just one question can someone please clarify the 'generation that sees the beginning will see the end' theory. did the WTS kill this idea or what, did they say its not a literal generation? i put this on another thread but got no replies, I would love it if some of you researchaholics could tell me what you find.

now i see in the latest W/T theyre likening our time to the days of noah with 120 years being the period between warning and flood. giving themselves nother 30 years to play with. that should see out the GBs retirement plans.

cheers

life

• under74
    under74

welcome to the forum lifes...you look just like David Hasselhoff.

I'm not a researchaholic but I do know the WTS is constantly coming up with "new light" to clarify the 1914 date. I saw that they in a round about way recently pointed to a new date.

On the "best of" I know you'll be able to find a ton of threads having to do with the WTS stand on the "millions now living."

• garybuss
    garybuss

"1914 Generation" Discarded by Watchtower

by Randall Watters

http://www.freeminds.org/history/new1914.htm

Enjoy:-)

• heretic
    heretic

cheers gazza

im goin there now...

• heretic
    heretic

• Christ's Judging, Sheep and Goats

The WT has attempted to cover over Christ's failure to do anything they wanted him to do over the years by claiming a type of "gradual enthronement." When he failed to bring an end to the world at his supposed enthronement in 1914, they later claimed he had not yet exercised full kingship in the sense of JUDGING the earth. Up until the current Watchtower, they claimed that Christ became king over the Christian congregation in 33 C.E., then became king over the whole world in 1914, and then began judging the "remnant" of Christ's brothers (favorably) and Christendom (unfav-orably), and began separating the sheep and the goats for judgment.
      Now, although still retaining the "judging of Christendom," Christ is said to have "judicially inspected" the "anointed remnant," and the separating of the sheep from the goats has not yet begun. The "separating" supposedly starts at the "great tribulation," SOON to come.
      cheers gaz man

• but where ive underlined, dont jws believe jesus doesnt judge its Jehovah, is this a mistake with the article?
    • also its written that noone knows the time not even the son only the father?
    • so anyone that makes a prediction is a false prophet? i just thought people in the org made assumtions about the date (thats what i was told/taught).
    • it wasnt til i came here that i realised the wts has been lobbing dates at its members like hand grenades.
    • sorry about the point form, i pasted the quote and everything went to s##t
  • garybuss
    garybuss

In the Society, Witnesses see a difference between a false prophet and an uninspired book printing business making erroneous predictions. The Witness groups teach that a prophet has to FIRST declare himself a (inspired) prophet then make the prediction to qualify as a prophet. I was under the assumption that a prophet just made the prediction and that act of making the prediction made him a prophet. I was wrong.

So a window washer is not a window washer just because she washes windows. In order to be a window washer, she first has to declare herself a certified "window washer" then she can go and wash the windows. If the windows are dirty and she never declared she was a certified window washer before she washed them, she can not be held accountable. It's not the actions, it's the announcement that makes a person a window washer. Sheesh! How could I have missed that?

• heretic
    heretic

oh right. now i get it. how could i have been so stoopid

thanks for the info

cheers

life

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit