The Watchtower means Salvation, for Jason[dunscot]

by Scorpion 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Jason,

The Watchtower claims it is the only means of salvation. It also in effect denies the Ransom of Christ by belittling it as of no real importance. What is your take on these qoutes and why do they substitute themselves as mediator instead of Christ?

THEY COMPASSIONATLY SHEPHERD THE LITTLE FLOCK
    WT 9/15/1993 page 22
    But if we were to draw away from Jehovah's organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy. (Compare John 6:66-69)

STAY AWAKE AND KEEP YOUR SENSES
    WT 11/15/1981 page 21
    And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah's organization for salvation, the time no doubt will come when the message takes on a harder tone, like a great war cry.

WHAT BIRTH OF THE NATION HAS MEANT FOR MANKIND
    WT 7/1/1982 page 25
    Although meriting due consideration in the inspired Bible, the salvation of the human race from sin and death and bondage to Satan the Devil and his organization is not the most important thing, the most important doctrine of the Holy Bible

[my comments on the above. Anti ransom or what? The sacrifice of Jesus merits consideration BUT it is not of real importance???]

NOWHERE ELSE TO GO
    WT 11/15/1992 page21
    We will be impelled to serve Jehovah loyally with his organization if we remember that there is nowhere else to go for life eternal. When Jesus' statements caused 'many disciples to go off to the things behind, he asked his apostles: "You do not want to go also, do you?" Peter replied: "Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life; and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy One of God."-John 6:66-69

SERVE JEHOVAH LOYALLY
    Our hearts should impel us to cooperate with Jehovah's organization because we know that it alone is directed by his spirit and is making known his name and purposes. WT 11/15/1992 page 21

HELP ME OUT WHERE I NEED FAITH!
    wt 9/15/1991 PAGE 17
    To ensure their salvation, Noah and his family neede to exercise faith. This meant following instructions and the leadings of God's holy spirit. During the great tribulation, it will be just as imperative that we follow the leadings of the holy spirit and obey Jehovah's instructions through his organization.

FROM OUR READERS
    8/22/1984 PAGE 22
    The Catholic Church occupies a very significant position in the world and claims to be the way of salvation for hundreds of millions of people. Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism. All who criticize have the obligation to be tuthful in presenting the facts and fair and objective in assessing such. In both respects we try to live up to that obligation.-ED.

This qoute I find ironic. Jehovah's organization' will not allow itself to be scrutinized by it's members. If they do so, then they are reprimanded. All others that do so are labled apostates or opposers.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Jason, I am waiting for your reply.

• Jason
    Jason

Scorpion,

Obviously the Watchtower is a replacement for Christ. The Bible teaches that Christ is the only way to God, the only mediator. But the Watchtower takes his place so that JWs will believe that if the leave the organization, they are leaving God with no chance for eternal life.

If you are a JW and you leave the WT you can lose your family, friends and salvation. You also become a direct enemy og God. If you doubt your beliefs you can be disfellowshipped. It's just a good way to keep a cult going. If nobody can leave without being annihilated by God, not many people are going to want to leave.

Jason.

• willy_think
    willy_think

jeson,

i'm sorry

i thought you were an active JW. if you come here and say "i have the truth" you are using JW code meaning "i am a JW in good standing"

you are using alot of JW code words. that might be part of the reason people are coming down on you. you know how cults change the mening of words, well we don't know if you are typing english or JW.

but now i do

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • Scorpion
    Scorpion

Dittos to what willy_think said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit