Nothing positive to offer!

by cornish 3 Replies latest jw friends

• cornish
    cornish

The biggest objection that most current Borg members have to leaving is that even though there may be false and wrongs in their religion there is nothing better or nothing else which is positive that anyone else or anything else has to offer.
    it seems that truth is not the primary criteria of most J W S even though they use the word truth in a completely habitual way, but they will not be shifted from a nice cosy illusion true or false, so how would you answer the objection that there is nothing positive to offer outside the watchtower?
    How would you answer this in a direct and forthright way ?

• chasson
    chasson

Hi cornish,

What is your definition of "positive" ? Freedom of thing or stupid hope based upon human speculations ?

This is true, that when you leave the JW, you have the feeling to loose something. The reality is not so easy. You can't solve your new problems by thinking at the New Order or the resurrection. You must be in front your new problem.

Bye

Charles

• hippikon
    hippikon

I’d rather live with reality as hard as that may be than in live in fairy land.

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

Well, this is a tough one. I agree with Hippikon, but most people don't like reality. There is a saying that drugs are a crutch for people who can't handle reality. Religion is the same. The people who use that excuse for not leaving are the kind that need social acceptance, etc, etc. All I can suggest is that they attend other church groups, and see what they're like. I myself struggled with this for a long time, sometimes I wanted to go back. But then I just realized that we are already living in hell, and there is nothing you can do about it except for make the best of it, and do what you feel is right. In the words of two great men, Tryone and Puma, "Hakuna Matata".
    My Regards and Wishes,
    Joanne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit