When did you stop believing?

by cherryblossomgirl 5 Replies latest jw friends

• cherryblossomgirl
    cherryblossomgirl

The "light" faded for me when I was twelve. I asked my uncle what happened to all the people that couldn't be reached by the "truth" in far off lands, or little kids whose parents didn't believe..ect... " Will they still die in armagedon?" He answered yes. From there on, whether it was bullsh*t or not, I couldn't believe. I used to have dreams that birds were ripping my face off on judgement day.

What's your story?? I'd love to read it .

• gespro
    gespro

WELCOME CHERRY BLOSSOM GIRL!!! Thanks for posting

I asked my uncle what happened to all the people that couldn't be reached by the "truth" in far off lands, or little kids whose parents didn't believe..ect... " Will they still die in armagedon?" He answered yes. From there on, whether it was bullsh*t or not, I couldn't believe.

WOW! You reminded me of some of the same nonsense I was spewing in my hardcore dub days. I'm ashamed...

When I was working in the field, we [an elder and I] came across some independent believers in Christ who sat us down and had shown us more Christian treatment than the imposters at the hall. The elder, in the midst of our 'debate' was slamming his fist on their table, driving his jive point home. These people then asked that we all pray together to get a better understanding of the subject matter. The elder got up from the table and dragged me out with him saying,' we will not pray with you people!'

When we got back into the car, the elder says to me,'we showed them, huh!' I thought we showed them we were closed-minded fools! My demise came swiftly after that but I STILL blindly held onto the 'troof'for many years after that. I even studied again after all of THAT! Being born into to it has some devastating results, I think, because I really didn't know where to go and there weren't any boards like this in existence.

I remember the Great Apostasy and how in the Kingdom Service mag those cowards tried to explain it away [along with my JW mother] Twenty years later my non-dub wife gave me the CofC book and put me in contact with Randall Watters. This experience sent my mind reeling!! So, the last five years I've been picking up the pieces and I find on a weekly basis new ways the [b]org messes us lifetimers up. I'm slowly but permanantly finding peace after all this time.

gespro of the 'traumatized class'

• Carmel
    Carmel

April 21, 1955!

carmel

• cherryblossomgirl
    cherryblossomgirl

GOOD FOR YOU CARMEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I simply could not believe that the good people that I knew that were not witnesses were going to be destroyed just because they were not a witness. It just didn't make sense.

• Khazar
    Khazar

April, 2004 when I logged onto my computer to find the nearest JW convention center and got this website instead. I lurked around in the shadows for months 'til I decided to get on board. Love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit