Tsunami Disaster: Thousands deaths in Burma; Gov says: only 90 !

by Erich 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Erich
    Erich

The corrupt isolationistic military government of BURMA (Myanmar) denies thousands (eben probably tenthousands) of dead people caused by the tsunami disaster last week.

They say: only 90 are dead. Nobody seems to be missing. Life in Burma is going on as usual;-((

The truth is:

There are thousands of small islands northern of Thailands most devasteted coast (Khao Lak), home of thousands ethnic so-called Salones, who live on rickety fishing boats with makeshift wooden roofs. Some experts describes this population as the "poorest of the poor in the whole world"...

According to the Democratic Voice of Burma - a non-profit-organization - e-mails from Burma are censored by the Burmese government. They have not been able to reach anyone by phone in Burma since the earthquake. So they do not expect to get much information...;-(

more in: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/a/2004/12/31/MNGPTAJDG61.DTL

E.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is because JWs only care about JWs... to hell with the rest of the heathens.

Never in my life have I ever seen the WTS provide any aid to non-JWs.

That YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 5:45-48 NWT

• Odrade
    Odrade

Hey Else... unfeeling-ness of the Governing Body notwithstanding, I think this one was referring to the Burmese Government, which to my knowledge, Jarazc has not managed to infiltrate, yet.

O

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oops!

I was on a rampage last night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit