half life 2....help!

by fleaman uk 8 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Ive just got hold of Half life 2 and am having a devil of a job installing it!! You have to go online and register first yadda yadda.....has anyone actually managed to load it yet???

Please help....it looks wonderful!

• FMZ
    FMZ

Flea, yep... it's a biotch to install. Took me over 2 hours to install it! Admittedly I am on dialup, so that took a bit of time to do the updates. But yep, it certainly takes it's time. Definitely worth it in the end though.

(And just to let you know, in-game load times are quite high too, so be patient... I was left wondering a few times if the computer had crashed)

FMZ

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

i didnt have much trouble with it...I was up and running in less than an hour, turning down some of those graphics helps a LOT with the load times.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Cheers guys...well it finally loaded and i can get off the Train ..Thats it though!Time to increase my Memory i think.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

512 i assume?

i was playing with 1 gig for a while, and i actually noticed a performance DECREASE!

If i were you, i'd snag some dual channel high quality (good timing) ram.

that $50 512 stick from frys wont cut it. You are going to have to bite the bullet and spend about 90-$120 for the good stuff.

personally, i chose OCZ ram, dual channel 3200, gets me about 17000 in 3dMark2001 SE

(the 1 gig with a crappy 512 stick was getting me about 12700)

If i were you, i would go to www.newegg.com and pick up 1 gig dual channel Crucial pc3200. I think they have it for about 130 right now. Well worth it in my opinion.

(as it is, make sure vsync is off, will boost your fps DRASTICLY)

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Lostreality

I have no idea what you are talking about! Lol

But i have copied the info you have given me and will take it to a good PC shop tomorrow!

Thanks Mate.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

hahaha, well, good to know i can help!

do you know what speed and style, and what not your current ram is?

system specs? i might be able to ensure you dont get ripped off.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Ive just checked and ive only got 256 ram..the minimum Requirement.1.77 ghz too.

Im so not Pc literate!

But appreciate any advice.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

you have a pm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit