Coincidence or Stress?

by Blueblades 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Recently and over the years some of the elders and ministerial servants who have been deleted and or forced to step down have died young. What do you attribute this to? Do you know of such occurances in your cong.

For example in my congreation, one ms. and three elders have died suddenly from heart attacks.The most recent one this past week. Ages 28, early 40's, 42, and 58! The 42 year old was under a lot of pressure and was a substitute c.o.The other one died while still serving as an elder, two were deleted and all privileges removed.Some others are still inactive and forgotten about, as I myself am. And some stay in their own comfot zone, not pushing themselves anymore.

When the 58 year old died no one called to tell us about the memorial talk for him which took place on x-mas day.This elder and my family knew each other for 30 years and when he died only one person who is a publisher in the cong.and a long time friend called us about it.

The current elders did not call us at all. But if I was to smoke a cigarette, the elders would be knocking on my door before the sunset.

One mother said that the society had killed her husband and sons with all the demands that they put on them. I don't know what to make of her feelings on this.

Do you think that this is just a coincidence or stress related.

I really don't like to blame everything that happens to us on the society, its just something that is on my mind. Your thoughts are very much appreciated

Blueblades

• blondie
    blondie

In the last 3 years, this is the count of dead, deleted and holding, and inactive elders I know.

3 deceased heart attacks (early 50's and 60's)

2 heart attack lived but no longer serving

1 stroke/paralyzed

3 deleted and holding

2 deleted and inactive

• redskymedic
    redskymedic

I doubt it's coincidence. Stress wreaks havoc on the body, I find it easy to believe that it could lead to serious health complications and death. Sad to have that happening in what is claimed to be a loving, uplifting environment.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

When the 58 year old died no one called to tell us about the memorial talk for him which took place on x-mas day.This elder and my family knew each other for 30 years and when he died only one person who is a publisher in the cong.and a long time friend called us about it.

We had the same experience recently - isn't it odd how they can forget you so soon - and treat you as dead - whether Df'd or just faded?

Sorry -can't get rid of the quote boxes in my reply. Just my opinion

Jeff

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

This is my theory ...

most of the ones that were deleted or forced down were probably at least semi-decent human beings. The elders that are rotten to the core stay in power for eternity. So, the good die young, and the mean just keep on ticking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit