It's not Christmas but...

by Aude_Sapere 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I'm off to have dinner at my brother's home.

I hope everyone is having a nice day with all the hugs and smiles you can collect!!

Enjoy!!

-Aude.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Thanks, Aude, I just saw this. Hope you had a nice dinner and visit with him! No Christmas celebration here either, but that's ok!

I had a really nice visit with an elderly friend. She was in excellent spirits and was able to play several pieces for me on her piano - a bit of Paderewski's Minuet, a little Liszt and Chopin. Lovely! Then she went over to her organ and played O Holy Night and bits of several other pieces. It really was a treat. She isn't usually able to play so well due to her age (88), arthritis, and diabetes.

We had a nice cup of tea and reminisced about her old days in Edmonton and Gilead - she had an opportunity to play one of her favorites for Covington once and he was kind in his appreciation for her playing. But she mentioned to the brothers that the piano could really use a good cleaning and tuning so more people could play it, and "the brothers" made it clear that she ought to mind her place as a sister....

Anyway, it was a very nice visit and she let me have Sister Dunlap's info so I can correspond with her too. I really look forward to that. What a dear person her husband was! And Marguerite says Dorothy is just as sweet.

• Mary
    Mary

It's called "Festivus, for the rest of us!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit