Anyone's kids being raised in the borg?

by alamb 3 Replies latest jw friends

• alamb
    alamb

I have custody of my kids but my ex is still a Witness. He takes them to meetings and field service on his visitation time. He has told lies about me to all my old friends for moral support and I can't defend myself. Does anyone have any solutions to the brain-washing of your children right under your nose? My ex calls and prays for them at night for Jehovah's protection as I am now considered apostate. He also uses the children to monitor my associations and internet activity!

• wasasister
    wasasister

alamb: how old are your children? I went through something very similar. I'll help if I can. Please eleborate, or let me know if you'd like to correspond privately.
    Wasasister

• alamb
    alamb

All girls. Eldest is 13 then 11 then 7. Please feel free to email me. Looking for answers.
    And thanks.

• Tesha
    Tesha

Dear alamb,

I really feel for you, it must be an extremely difficult and heartbreaking situation. I cannot begin to understand how it must feel to have precious children involved; however, I was raised in the truth, so maybe I can help you from that angle.

Both of my parents are JW and my entire life I was taught that this was the only way of life. It wasn't until I was 19, that I realised I had the power to make my own decisions and question the organisation. Although you cannot stop your husband from feeding your children information and lies, what you can do is empower them with the freedom of choice. Make sure they understand that they are their own people, with their own minds and opinions. Maybe talk to them about what your beliefs are so that they can see both sides.

I constantly call my little sister, and with out undermining my parents, remind her that eventually she can make a choice about what she believes is right. I do know that if I had this knowledge from a younger age, things might have turned out a lot different. I hope this is of some help to you.

I am thinking of you.

Kind regards,

Tesha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit