Michael Moore where are you!

by mkr32208 7 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Not that I like him but he does know how to sway the masses! Anybody know how we could get him to do a documentry about the WBTS?

• setfree
    setfree

I hear you, but I would prefer somone a lot more reliable to telling the whole story as it is not how he wants it to be. cheers

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Yes, we do need someone to make a film about the borg...but how about using someone who isn't a total liar? I mean, we could make a film about Moore! (oops, I think it has already been done) Someone reliable would be great, but who?!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I volunteered to do it a while ago, but I ran out of funds.

• Preston
    Preston

I don't think Michael Moore is the way to go in making a documentary on the WBTS. I would pick a stylist who merely captures the moments and lets the audience decide rather than using an off camera commentary which could be easily criticized as swaying the masses. I've always dug Frederick Wiseman's directing style, in fact write to him, he'd probably be interested.

http://www.zipporah.com/

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wouldn't want him to do anything opposing the WTS. His style is greatly lacking in any credibility. He twists information just as much as the WTS does, and the public can figure this out very quickly. This is why 99% people won't even open their door for a JW.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I think in part that why Michael Moore's movies have such a broad appeal is because they encompass the widest range of emotions. How many "documentaries" (and I use the word loosely) actually contain humor (unless it's about a comedian)? That's part of the appeal...the way he shows the ridiculousness of those he's centered on. To be truthfull, documentaries are SUPPOSED to be impartial...but there's always a person behind the camera and someone in the cutting room doing the editing.

I've thought of contacting Moore to see if he'd be interested in a WBTS movie...but I doubt it's "sexy" enough to appeal to someone whos priorities seem to be more in the socio-political vein.

Ern

• izobcenec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit