tobacco shares thread ?

by twinkletoes 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hello all,

can anyone tell me the thread for the info on shares in tobacco manufacturing. I'm sure I saw it a few months ago and can't find it now

I'm compiling a file ( a large file!) of all of the lies and deceptions of the WT. and these details are missing at present.

Many thanks in advance

Twinkletoes

• Scully
  • twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

thanks Scully, that was really quick.

Twink

• Scully
    Scully

No problem, twink... it's one of my favorite WTS scandals, considering how fond they are of DFing JWs who smoke.... it's particularly heinous (imo) for them to make any profit from this whatsoever. I don't care if it was donated stock or if it was a mistake on the part of the brokerage firm that administers this fund - they have an ethical duty to make sure the companies from which they profit are not in conflict with their strict moral values.

Love, Scully

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I remember them saying that when they made the rule that no JW could smoke back in the 70's that also meant that anyone working or profiting from anything tobacco related were reproved or DF'd. Now here they are owning stock in big tobacco. Who woulda thunk it?

• under74
    under74

I wish my gramma could have known about this when she got DFd in the 70s for not being able to quit right when they said to...she never went back, but she never quite got over the DFing and shunning...or getting the last word in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit