Jake Plummer incident

by setfree 8 Replies latest jw friends

• setfree
    setfree

Did anyone else see or hear of Jake Plummer flipping the bird to national audiences in the Denver/Miami game? I think Jake has some real issues base on what I've been reading in the local papers and such...

• gotout
    gotout

I'am a youth coach. In my opion, profesional sports in all have some major issues to deal with. Money has become such an issue that the top stars are allowed to get away with just about anything. I was happy the NBA (not basketball anymore ) handed out the stiff fines and game suspensions. Our youth see what these mega stars do, then try to copy them. I have seen 5 year olds flipping the fans the bird at their games. I have heard of 8th grade basketball players involved in gang rape. Their stars do it, why can't they? The whole sports world is a total mess.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

They are people and I think it's hard not to respond to the abuse thrust upon them by some very very ignorant drunk fans with issues.

• Panda
    Panda

How rude! I don't think Mr.Panda should be watching this stuff anymore.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Plummer is by far the most overrated player in the NFL. I cannot imagine why anyone thinks he's all that. If he tries very hard he could become a medicore quarterback.

But his attitude shows the arrogant, pamerped and spoiled mindset of today's athlete. I love sports, but I wouldn't walk across the street for an autograph or anything else for that matter. I have no interest in these spoiled children. Most are miserable human beings.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The Jake Plummer Incident rocks! I saw them at Madison Square Gardens in 2000.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I didn't hear about this incident, since I don't really follow football... but my wife went to school with Jake Plummer and says he was an utter asshole. Sounds like he hasn't grown up much.

• Xandria
    Xandria

An people wondered why he was called Jake the Snake Plummer in AZ ?

X.

• jws
    jws

I've been to football games and heard some pretty bad stuff coming from the fans. Anybody who's upset by a little finger jesture would probably be a lot more offended by what I've heard from the fans.

Without knowing who he was flipping off or what provoked him, I don't think I'd automatically dump on Plummer. There are things people could say to any of you that might cause you to respond with a one-finger salute too. At least he didn't jump into the stands and start wailing on a fan...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit