my update...seems like a lot going on...brother...sister...oh my!

by jwbot 3 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

So my sister sent me an email, saying something along the lines of "no matter what stupid things I do...know that I love you". And at first I am thinking, she is suicidal, but I am now thinking that she is going to leave her husband. I think its getting close to that time. I sent her an email back saying no matter what, I do love her. Poor thing, she is an emotional mess. If my brother was not moving in, I would say she should stay with me for a while. My place is a family dumping grounds.

And my brother is supposed to move in tomorrow. He is having second thoughts about his girlfriend, everything moving too fast. Well duh, because it IS moving too fast. I told him to tell her you have a lot to think about and that she should go back to her family, and then he alone can stay with Mike and I. I am not sure if he is man enough to tell her the truth, he worries too much about her feelings. It would not be fair to her to not be honest...and not fair to him to keep stringing her along. Anyway I hope he makes the right choice.

Is it weird that I feel guilty about WANTING my sister to leave her husband? I mean...yeah yeah leaving marriage is wrong or something...but she is not happy, and she is my sister so I will support her...but I also think that things will be better for her...but at the same time she would most def. get disfellowshipped....but she has me and I will always talk to her and suport her, I am probably her only friend.

So much is going on right now. Today I decided I will attend graduate school (if I am accepted) and I just got an aditional job and they alluded to paying me really good if I continue to work with them and go to gratuate school at the same time...seems like a good deal. They are a cool bunch too, Canadian American studies and cartography, and I will be in charge of the many web sites that they seem to want me to produce--lots of work but I enjoy it.

Stress...good and bad. Only you guys understand how weird our families can get...sometimes I think I am the only one with a dysfunctional family. It is good to have this board.

• Swan
    Swan

It is hard dealing with a dysfunctional family; but somehow we do what we can. Good luck to you.

Tammy

• jwbot
    jwbot

My brother broke up (or took a break) from his girlfreind last night after I convinced him it was the right thing to do...so only he is moving in temporarily. I can deal with that.

• missy04
    missy04
    Stress...good and bad. Only you guys understand how weird our families can get...sometimes I think I am the only one with a dysfunctional family. It is good to have this board.

My family is dysfunctional and none of them are even JW's

It's good that your sister has you to be there for her. I had a similar phone call from a JW friend a few days ago. She was very emotional and "Just wanted to let me know not to ever think she doesn't love me."

Great about the job

~Sarah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit