1 - 14 oz can of pitted cherries,tart

1- 14 oz can of cranberry sauce with whole berries

3/4 cup sugar

1/3 cup cornstarch

1 tbsn butter

3 or 4 drops vanila extract

red food color

pie-crust from scratch or premaid

Drain cherries - retain the juice. Combine in saucepan - 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch, dash of salt. Stir in retained juice from cherries. Cook and stir over medium heat. It will thicken fast when it hits that point. remove from heat. Add remaining sugar, cherries, cranberry sauce, butter and vanilla. Red food color if desired. Prepare bottom of pie pan with pastry. Fill with ingredients above. Add top pastry. Cover the crust with tin-foil - bake @ 375 for 25 minutes. remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more until crust is golden brown. Very important: let pie cool and set for a day before cutting to prevent the filling from running.

This is a takeoff of a BH&G recipe. Altered for the cranberries. I am eating a piece now. GREAT. If you try it let me know how it was.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

PS - if u like your pie real sweet -add more sugar - mine is a little tart - I like it that way.

Jeff

• Xandria
    Xandria

Who Pudding

At Christmastime, my favorite treat
    is something creamy, light, and sweet.
    "Who Pudding a la Cindy-Lou!"
    And here's the recipe for you.

2/3 cup long-grain (not converted) rice
    3 cups milk
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 tablespoons butter
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    4 eggs, separated
    1/8 cup of red and green M&M;'s

double boiler, medium-size mixing bowls, small-size mixing bowl, wire whisk, deep serving dish.

1. With the help of an adult, combine rice and milk in top of double boiler. Cover and cook over simmering water for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.

1. Preheat oven to 325º F. Beat egg yolks with a wire whisk until frothy. Stir 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, butter, salt, and egg yolks into warm rice mixture. Mix well.

1. Grease a shallow baking dish. Pour in pudding. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

1. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

1. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours. Top with red and green M&M;'s before serving.

Feeds two hundred Whos . . . or

Thanks for the Holiday Recipe..

X.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Feeds two hundred Whos . . . or

cute!

these are cute and deelishus...

Butterscotch Gingerbread People
    Makes about 12

1 small box butterscotch pudding mix (cook & serve)
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 egg
    1 1/2 cup flour
    1 teaspoon ginger
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    decorations or icing

Preheat oven to 350°. Cream pudding mix, butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat egg in. Add dry ingredients and mix until blended. Roll out on floured board and cut with cookie cutters. Add candy buttons, cinnamon candy hearts or other decorations as desired. Bake for approximately 10 minutes and cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Cookies may then be
    decorated with icing as desired. Makes appx. 12 large cookies, many smaller ones, depending on size of cookie cutters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit