Some figures for the 2004 Annual Service Report - taken from E-Watchman

by truthseeker 9 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Interesting points below...

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/viewtopic.php?t=1194&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Hi Everybody,

We have now received the 2004 service year report in Feb 1st 2005 Watchtower.

There have been good things happening over the year.

For example, the highest number of Bible studies worldwide are being conducted in the history of the Watchtower : 6,085,387.

Hence, we see a noteable number responding to the truths of God's Word.

Of course, more disciples can be found, reflected in the number attending the memorial : 16,760,607.

Undoubtedly, the prospective 'great crowd' continues to grow.

However, on the surface these figures are impressive. But to get the full picture of what all these statistics mean, let us take a closer look.

Increase this year was very modest at 2%.

When we review statistics for countries, we find generally throughout the West, US and Western Europe growth is stagnant, zero!

Even westernised Japan, once the prime example of Watchtower zeal shows no growth.

This is disturbing. Why? We are told that in Western Europe the foreign field is ripe for harvesting and there is much potential growth to be found. It has to be admitted too, foreign speaking congregations are growing, (this is factual in London) and many displaced refugees are responding to Bible truth. If this is the situation, why is this not reflected in the figures? Where is this growth? For example, Britain had zero growth this year, and we still have not met the highest recorded peak of publishers of 132,000 obtained back in 1995.

The only major growth being recorded is occuring within South America and parts of Africa, no doubt due to the hard work of our missionaries.

In spite of this, even though $93 million dollars has been spent in caring for those in full-time service, and new presses are being installed at Bethels for greater literature production, it would be fair to say, all this effort seems to be producing little results in the worldwide field. While most of us live within an apathetic, secular society, is it possible that some have lost, not confidence in God, but in the Watchtower Society, owing to its questionable conduct in recent years?

What is this report really telling us? When we examine closely all the figures, there is one conclusion I can convey:

The brotherhood is haemorrhaging from within!

It becomes clear that there are many more leaving the brotherhood or becoming inactive than are actually joining it, and it has been this way for a number of years now. There are a variety of reasons no doubt, which include brothers being expelled unlovingly as they mention differences with Watchtower dogma, the NGO affair, and the general impression that the Watchtower must wake up from its spiritual drunkenness and arrogance.

Its interesting too, the number of anointed ones partaking at the Memorial has increased from the previous year. My! there must be quite a number of anointed ones losing their heavenly calling, or is the 1935 'shut door' policy farcical?

Just a few of my thoughts. Any others?

With brotherly affection to all, Alex.

• Valis
    Valis
    even though $93 million dollars has been spent in caring for those in full-time service, and new presses are being installed at Bethels for greater literature production,

where did this come from?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, the $93 million dollar figure is printed on the last line of the service report - it has been for years. As for the printing presses, this might be referring to some of the new presses at Watchtower farms. I'm not sure if there is really a net increase in printing capacity, but there is much fanfare whenever a new one is bought.

• jws
    jws

I'm personally surprised at this board. The things said by these posters (as opposed to here) indicate that these are JWs. Active ones, who are unhappy with the leadership at the top. I'm surprised at their candid comments. They also realize that the numbers don't really represent growth. That many of the baptisms are being born into it. That growth in non-english speaking congregations is great, but you're still at 0% growth, so you're losing as many in the english-speaking ones.

Nobody tried to spin it into a blessing. Who are the people on this board. Are they always so openly critical? Does this represent the JW attitude as a whole?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Whoever they are, they're right in questioning the current 'health' of the Borg!

I noticed that they highlight the growth taking place in non-English speaking congos in the UK. despite this the UK shows a 0% growth, doesn't it? It would mean that the loss of publishers is even greater than they feared, wouldn't it?

• Badger
    Badger

These are people who felt the same way about the org and the truth as I did for years...

• Cameron
    Cameron

I need to know the 2004 number of Hours, Publishers and Lands. Anyone have those figures from the February 1, 2005 Watchtower?

Don

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It always drive me crazy when I see a phrase like:

$93 million dollars has been spent in caring for those in full-time service

The society give a number but without any supporting documentation or additional explaination we are left with more questions than answers. What does 93M mean? does it mean that this is the total amount spent by the society for all operations including bethel? Does it include capital budget items like the new printing presses? Is there money spent by the society that is excluded by the $93M? What about all the capital improvements made to properties in the Brooklyn Heights area. Does the amount include the cash spent on those items? The list of quetions are endless. However, you will never get any answers.

I remember when the society began including a dollar amount as part of the annual report. I heard many say how wonderful it was that the society was letting the friends know how hard they were working. However, it is just another example of "selected" information that is used to manipulate; but the information can not be considered meaningful.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    In spite of this, even though $93 million dollars has been spent in caring for those in full-time service, and new presses are being installed at Bethels for greater literature production, it would be fair to say, all this effort seems to be producing little results in the worldwide field.

This is an excellent observation. All the money the WT is spending isn't making their preaching work more effective.

• shamus
    shamus
    For example, the highest number of Bible studies worldwide are being conducted in the history of the Watchtower : 6,085,387.

You mean highest number of bullshit studies worldwide.... are they counting the 'bible studies' where the householder hasn't been told they are studying the bible? It happened to me, LOL!

Watchtower bible studies: 6,085,387

Actual bible studies: 1,085,387.

Lie bible studies: 5,000,000

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit