En-rapture

by emmamess22 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• emmamess22
    emmamess22

So I finally decided on a religion that makes me feel good and I picked Baptist. I love the idea of the rapture. Can you imagine walking out to your car one day after a bad day at work and all of a sudden there's Jesus lighting up the sky on a cloud calling you to him. I don't know whether I'd feint, die of a heart attack or hit the ground bowing and praying.

What do we all think of the rapture? I read the Left Behind first book and it's great!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

If you do research on high control groups and their methods of psycological abuse and manipulation, the experience many have had with Baptist churches often comes up. In their elitist isolation, thought arresting distain for science and cultlike fanaticism they rival if not exceed the JWs. I have family that is a brand of Baptist who shun former members and openly show contempt for non-members who do not show promise as converts. I am then forced to ask why you are leaving the JWs?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    So I finally decided on a religion that makes me feel good and I picked Baptist.

If you just want to feel good, why not make up your own religion? OK, the rapture could be quite entertaining for a while but it's hardly the most fun you could have. Instead of Jesus, you could have Anna Kournikova (or Brad Pitt, according to taste). Or borrow something from the Muslims, paradise with 72 virgins. Unless you actually believe what the religion teaches, there's no point limiting your dreams.

• Perry
    Perry

My wife and I started attending a church earlier this year and really liked it. Just to be sure though we checked several others. We decided that we liked our first choice better..... lots of families and tons of kids, lots of activities. Only after we did the two-class membership deal did we find out that they were affiliated with SBC.

The pastor likes to call it a progressive baptist church. It's come as you are, jeans tee-shirts, dress clothes whatever. The praise and worship is fun and the bible classes are not restrictive in any way....people actually learn, question and are INDIVIDUALS. Totally unlike the WT. The level of maturity among the people we've met is impressive. They are growing at about 20% per year. ... about 1000 members so far.

The rapture is a matter of faith. Either Christ lied or he didn't. Isn't that the whole point of Christianity...coming to Christ (not men) with a child-like faith. When you do that Christ will live up to his promise to send the Holy Spirit to comfort you and cause you to know the mind of God himself. I searched hard for ten years until I did that. My testimony is that Jesus did not lie. I can truthfully bear witness to Christ for the first time even though raised as a witness from infancy.

Beam me up!

• JH
    JH

My sister and her husband and 4 children are Baptists. They are awaiting the rapture. Even my parents who are Catholics read Baptist books and listen to their audio tapes, and also believe in the rapture.

I don't

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit