Why more Christians in the West than East?

by Bubbamar 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I have been wondering, why does it seem that there are tons more Christians in the U.S. than in the area where Jesus was supposedly from? Wouldn't it seem more logical that there would be more christians in the area where he was seen in person...where all the miracles happened - than way the hell over here? Isn't it true that there are more Muslims in Mecca than the U.S.?? I may be wrong - but can anyone shed any light on this? How did America become mostly Christian? Wasn't Christianity brought here by white europeans?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Briefly put, history. 2,000 years of it.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think its because religion follows the money .. the most wealthy nations are going to be bigger targets for christianity .

• bebu
    bebu

There's a LOT of history out there, Bubbamar. Lots of angles on it, too. Hope you have a lot of time available!

bebu

loves (and forgets) history class

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Christianity was born in the Roman province of Judea - about the easternmost limit of the Empire. It spread with all the merchants and travellers along the Roman highways into Europe and North Africa and there it grew until the Americas were 'discovered'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit