Religion? Or twilight zone episode?

by mkr32208 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My grandmother on my Mothers side has cancer and is getting ready to undergo chemo again. When the family got together for Thanksgiving this year I had a discussion with my aunt about her view of life after death, it was a little odd. Well more than a little so I thought I'd post it to see what you guys thought.

First a bit of background on her. My aunt is an artist. A very very good graphic artist in Daytona. She taught art for a while and was an animator at Disney for a bit. She's also done mad amounts of drugs! Pot, shrums, lsd, you name it! So she's always a little out there! She's a huge UFO believer and gov't conspiracy advocate... She claims to have been kidnapped by aliens at least three times! I don't think she does them anymore except pot I know she still burns one now and then! Anyway she said she believed that when you died you went to another planet and became the "God" of that planet. How good or bad you were here on earth determined the quality of the planet you became god over...

Any of you guys ever hear of anything like that?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

nope never heard that one.. but then again i never used any good drugs !

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Any of you guys ever hear of anything like that?

Um, no.

She claims to have been kidnapped by aliens at least three times!

Have you ever heard of someone who didn't believe in aliens getting kidnapped? I haven't.

Kwin

• Preston
    Preston

it's either Scientology or Mormonism.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Don't know nothing about that stuff... but I only live an hour south of Daytona. I'm a newbie but been in Fl for a long time.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Mormons believe they will become Gods of another planet if they're good.

The truth is - it ALL sounds like the twilight zone. I mean, honestly - whether we believe an intelligent being molded humans from clay, or we believe that some ocean sludge accidentally came together in a chemical reaction that then grew legs, crawled out of the ocean, and eventually formed into a human over millions of years - both explanations make for a good science fiction novel.

Maybe we're all Gods that have existed forever and we're just dreaming this crazy mess up? Ok - just kidding....

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    My aunt is an artist. A very very good graphic artist in Daytona. She taught art for a while and was an animator at Disney for a bit. She's also done mad amounts of drugs! Pot, shrums, lsd, you name it! So she's always a little out there!

oooh! did she do that "pink elephants on parade" bit on the Dumbo movie? I always thought that was pretty psychadelic...

...just kidding...

laters

kaykay_mp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit