Verses deleted and Mangled by the Watchtower

by AWAKEJWS 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AWAKEJWS
    AWAKEJWS

Greating in the name of the LORD Jesus Christ. For my first post, I figured I give most of the bible verses that were deleted, mangled, sliced and diced by the Watchtower so-called governing body members. I'm sure you members can utilize this list during your witnessing with JWs. I am still researching other verses. If you have more, please add it to this list. Thanks and God bless.

Verses About Christ and Salvation that were Mangled, Deleted,

Sliced and Diced

By

The Greek and Hebrew Chefs of the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society

Jesus is God but is an a god according to the Watchtower

John 1:1 KJV: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

John 1:1 NWT: In the beginning the word was, and the Word was with God and the Word was a god

Jesus claimed to be THE I AM (The Eternal God) but the Watchtower said He claimed to be the I have been.

John 8:58: KJV: Jesus said unto them, ?Verily,verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.?

John 8:58: NWT: Jesus said to them: ?Most truly I say to you, Before Abraham came into existence I have been.?

God purchased the Church with His Own Blood, but The Watchtower said it is through the blood of his own son.

Acts 20:28: KJV: Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

*Acts 20:28: NWT: Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed you overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own [Son].

*Notes: Notice the word [Son] is in brackets. What do the brackets mean? The Watchtower claims they are used to ?complete the sense in the English Text because the words don?t appear in the original text.? First, there are no surviving original manuscripts. That?s the first lie in that statement. Second, the word SON in Acts 20:28 does not appear in the oldest and current manuscripts even though the word exists (Hurios). Hurios doesn?t even appear in the corrupted Text of Westcott and Horts that was used by the Watchtower for their New Testament Translation but in their Kingdom Interlinear Bible of the Greek Scriptures word appears in the Greek Text. The NIV, New King James and other version of the Bible do not insert the word SON in Acts 20:28 and these translation were based on the Westcott and Horts Text. Why does the Watchtower add the word SON in Acts 20:28 if it?s not in the older manuscripts and the Greek word does exists? By adding the word Son changes the context of the verse. It doesn?t complete the sense according to the Watchtower it changes the sense. The Watchtower does it because Jehovah?s Witnesses don?t believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ so therefore; they must change the text to conform their theology.

Paul Spoke of having faith in Christ, but the Watchtower said it is just belief in Christ

Acts 24:24: KJV: he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ

*Acts 24:24 NWT: he sent for Paul and listened to him on the belief in Christ

*Notes: To have faith in Christ would make Him God. Abraham is known as the father of faith because he had faith in God. Believers are to exercise and put their faith in God and not to an a god or an angel that is capable of sinning. When real believers in Christ pray to Jesus, they have full faith that Christ will fulfill their prayers. This makes Jesus God Almighty because faith in HIM is having Faith in God. Jehovah?s Witnesses put their faith in an organization rather than Faith in Christ. (See The Watchtower; March 1, 1979; page 1;) The cover page speaks a thousand words. ?Put your faith in a victorious organization.?

We are all going to stand before the judgment seat of Christ, but according to the Watchtower,

it is the judgment seat of God!

Rom 14:10: KJV: But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? For

we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Rom 14:10: NWT: But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you also look down on your brother?

For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God:

Born Again Christians serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but Jehovah?s Witnesses are His slaves:

Rom 16:18: KJV: For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple

*Rom 16:18: NWT: For men of that sort are slaves, not of our Lord Christ, but of their own bellies; and by smooth talk and complimentary speech they seduce the hearts of guileless ones.

Notes: To serve our Lord Jesus Christ means, worshipping and witnessing for Him. We are not suppose to serve a god or an angel. We serve God only. Ex 23:25; ?And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.? Deut 10:12; ?And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul.? Josh 24:15 ?And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.? The Watchtower must change this verse because serving our Lord Jesus Christ will make Him God. We must be His slaves saith the Watchtower. This is disgusting on the part of the Watchtower to call us ?slaves of Christ.? No real born again Christians considers themselves slaves for Christ. We are servants of the Lord Jesus Christ, not His slaves.

The Grace of Jesus is with us all but Not with Jehovah?s Witnesses. It has been deleted in their bibles

Rom 16:24: KJV: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Rom 16:24: NWT: Deleted completely.

The greatest curse (Anathema) of all is if we do not love The Lord Jesus Christ.

The name Jesus Christ has been deleted from this next verse.

1 Cor. 16:22: KJV: If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

1 Cor. 16:22: NWT: If anyone has no affection for the Lord, let him be accursed. O our Lord, come!

Jesus created all things, but the Watchtower claims He created all [other] things.

Notice how sneaky the word [other] was inserted in the text.

Col 1:16: KJV: By him were all things created

*Col 1:16: NWT: Because by mean of him all [other] things were created

*Notes: The Greek words for ?Other? is [ALLA, Loipá;Masculine, hétera] and they appear in several verses in the New Testament (MK 4:19; 7:4; Luke 3:18; 2 Cor 1:13). There is no need to insert the word other to complete the sense of the text. This actually changes the context of the text. Jehovah?s Witnesses cannot have Jesus Christ creating ALL THINGS. That will make Him God. Not one Greek word for ?Other? appears in older manuscripts and the apostles had the words in their possession since it was used in several OTHER passages. This destroys the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ and makes Him a created being.

Jesus Christ exists before all things, but the Watchtower claims he exists before all [other] things. Again, how sneaky to insert that word [other] in the text.

Col 1:17: KJV: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Col 1:17 NWT: Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist

God was manifested in the Flesh. This is a reference to the deity of Christ. But the Watchtower changed the word ?God? for the Word HE. This destroys again the Deity of Christ.

1Ti 3:16: KJV: God was manifest in the flesh.

1Ti 3:16: NWT He was made manifest in the flesh.

Jesus Christ is glorified by men but not by Jehovah Witnesses. The last 15 words were deleted from the New World Translation.

1 Peter 4:14: KJV: If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

1 Peter 4:14: NWT: If You are being reproached for the name of Christ, You are happy, because the spirit of glory, even the spirit of God, is resting upon you?.

Jesus Christ is given glory and dominion, for Jehovah?s Witnesses he given only might. Christ?s Glory and dominion has been deleted from the NWT:

1 Peter 5:11: KJV: To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 5:11: NWT: To him be the might forever. Amen.

Jesus is THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, THE FIRST AND THE LAST, but Jehovah?s Witnesses don?t believe this because those ten words have been deleted from their bible.

Re 1:11: KJV: I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last

*Re 1:11 NWT: These words deleted completely.

*Notes: This will make Jesus Christ God because it is illogical to have 2 individuals claiming to be THE FIRST AND THE LAST, THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA. There can only be One first and one last. God made this claim in the Old Testament (IS. 44:6; 48:12). No way can we have Jesus Christ THE FIRST AND THE LAST, that?s God?s title saith the Watchtower. They must delete this part of the verse.

The twenty elders worshipped HIM THAT LIVETH FOREVER (That?s Jesus Christ). ?Him that liveth forever? has been deleted from the New World Translation

Re 5:14: KJV: Four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Re 5:14: NWT: the elders fell down and worshipped???

Stephen?s last prayer before he got stoned to death was to God and address Him as Christ Jesus, but according to the Watchtower, Stephen made an appeal to Jesus (not a prayer) and eliminated the words ?calling upon God.? Again destroying the Deity of Jesus Christ. What an atrocity. What a way to die for Christ huh! His last word was JESUS .

Acts 7:59-60: KJV: And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 7:59-60: NWT: And they went on casting stones at Stephen as he made appeal and said: ?Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. Then bending his knees, he cried out with a strong voice: ?Jehovah, do not charge this sin against them. And after saying this he fell asleep [in death].

People are Martyrs for Jesus Christ but according to the Watchtower,

they are just witnesses not Martyrs

Acts 22:20: KJV: And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.

*Acts 22:20: NWT: and when the blood of Stephen your witness was being spilled, I myself was also standing by the and approving and guarding the outer garments of those doing away with him.

Notes: What is a MARTYR? The meaning of the word martyr, which has now become the most usual, is one who has proved the strength and genuineness of his or her faith in Christ by undergoing a violent death. (From The New Unger's Bible Dictionary. Originally published by Moody Press of Chicago, Illinois. Copyright (c) 1988.) A martyr and a witness are not synonymous to each other. If people are found in the Bible as being Martyrs for Christ that would make Jesus an object of worship. This has to be changed in the JWs Bible. See below for other verses that demote the martyrs to witnesses.

Rev 2:13; KJV: I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Rev 2:13; NWT: I know where you are dwelling, that is, where the throne of Satan is; and yet you keep on holding fast my name, and you did not deny your faith in me even in the days of Antipas, my witness, the faithful one, who was killed by YOUR side, where Satan is dwelling.

Rev 17:6; KJV: And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Rev 17:6 NWT: And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.

Born Again Christians say Jesus is THE ROCK of our Spiritual Salvation, but Jehovah?s Witnesses say He is the rock-mass. This again destroys the Deity of Jesus Christ.

1 Cor 10:4; KJV: And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1 Cor 10:4; NWT: and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they used to drink from the spiritual rock-mass that followed them and that rock-mass meant the Christ.

Paul the apostle said the Hebrews in the Old Testament tempted Christ in the wilderness (The Time of Moses) and where destroyed by serpents but Jehovah?s Witnesses say if was Jehovah (In other words the Father of Jesus) that was tempted. The Watchtower changed the word Christ for the word Jehovah. Again, destroying the Deity of Jesus Christ.

1 Cor 10:9; KJV; Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of

serpents.

*1 Cor 10:9; NWT; Neither let us put Jehovah to the test, as some of them put [him] to the test, only to perish by the serpents.

*Notes: Older manuscripts such as Codex Siniaticus, Received Text etc all have the Greek word CHRISTOS appearing in 1 Cor 10:9.

God Laid down His Life for us but according to the Watchtower it was Jesus Christ who is not God. The Watchtower removes the phrase ?OF GOD? to destroy the Deity of Christ and adds the words ?the one.?

1 John 3:16;KJV: Herby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 3:16;NWT By love, because the one surrendered his soul for us, and we are under obligation to surrender our souls for our brothers

Jesus Christ is worshipped by the wise men but for Jehovah?s Witnesses

Claims obeisance is done to Christ not worship.

Matt 2:2; KJV; Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Matt 2:2; NWT: saying: ?Where is the one born king of the Jews? For we saw his star [when we were? in the east, and we have come to do him obeisance.

A ruler worshipped Jesus but for the watchtower say it was just an act of obeisance.

Matt 9:18; KJV: While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Matt 9:18; NWT; While he was telling them these things, look! A certain ruler who had approached began to do obeisance to him, saying: ?By now my daughter must be dead, but come and lay your hand upon her and she will come to life.

Angels worship Jesus Christ but The Watchtower claims angels do an act of obeisance to Jesus.

Heb 1:6; KJV: And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

*Heb 1:6; NWT: But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: ?And let all God?s angels do obeisance to him.

*Notes: This verse makes no sense. When Jesus was brought into the inhabited earth, how did angels in heaven do the act of obeisance to Jesus? In order for angels to do the act of obeisance to Jesus, Jesus must be in the presence of the angels. How did the angels accomplish this if He was on earth?

Jesus Christ came to the earth to save those that are lost in sin but Jehovah?s Witnesses don?t believe this because is has been deleted from their Bible.

Mt 18:11; KJV: For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost

Mt 18:11; NWT: Deleted completely.

The fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily in Jesus Christ but Jehovah?s Witness believe it is the fullness of the divine quality that dwells in Jesus Christ.

Col 2:9; KJV: For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

*Col 2:9; NWT: Because it is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily.

*Notes: What does ?the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily? mean? Does this mean Jesus Christ is 100% like God but he is not God? Take a close look again of the NWT translation of Col 2:9. Jesus has the fullness (100%) of the divine quality but he is not divine himself. Talk about double talk huh.

We have redemption and forgiveness through the Blood of Jesus Christ but for Jehovah?s Witnesses, they were released by ransom, not through the redemptive blood of Jesus.

Col 1:14; KJV: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins

Col 1:14:NWT: By means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins.

God himself said speaking in the first person, ?They will look upon me whom they have pierced?, but Jehovah?s Witnesses don?t believe this because the Watchtower

changed the word ME for the words THE ONE.

Zech 12:10; KJV: And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zech 12:10; NWT: And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of favor and entreaties, and they will certainly look to the One whom they pierced through, and they will certainly wail over Him as in the wailing over an only [son] and there will be a bitter lamentation over him as when there is bitter lamentation over the firstborn [son].

Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our faith but for Jehovah?s Witnesses, He is the chief agent and Perfecter of our faith. Jehovah?s Witnesses can?t have Jesus as the author and finisher of our faith. That would make him God. The author and finisher of our faith should be

God not an angel or an a god. So this must be changed immediately in the Jws Bible.

Heb 12:2;KJV: Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Heb 12:2;NWT: as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus.

Born Again Christians who names the Lord Jesus must depart from iniquity, but the Watchtower claims it is the name of Jehovah (The Father).

2 Tim 2:19;KJV: Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

2 Tim 2:19;NWT: For all that, the solid foundation of God stays standing, having this seal: ?Jehovah knows those who belong to Him, and: ?Let everyone naming the name of Jehovah renounce unrighteousness.

The Gentiles will put their trust in the name of Jesus but for the Watchtower, they claim the nations will put their hope in his name.

Matt 12:21;KJV: And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

Matt 12:21;NWT: Indeed in his name nations will hope.

We Born Again Christians glorify God, even the Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ, but Jehovah?s Witnesses glorify only The God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 15:6:KJV: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

*Rom 15:6;NWT: that with one accord you may with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

*Notes: Notice how sneaky the Watchtower translates Rom 15:6. They change the word EVEN for the word AND. This makes it sound like Paul is only speaking about one individual, The Father only. This again kills the Deity of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ receives us to the glory of God, but for Jehovah?s Witnesses say he welcomes us.

This is truly a disgusting translation.

Rom 15:7; KJV: Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

Rom 15:7; NWT: Therefore welcome one another, just as the Christ also welcomed us, with glory to God in view.

We are called to fellowship with Christ but Jehovah?s Witnesses don?t fellowship with Christ, they have a sharing with Him. To fellowship with Christ means praying to Him.

1 Cor 1:9;KJV: God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Cor 1:9:NWT: God is faithful, by whom you were called into a sharing with his Son Jesus Christ Our Lord.

Paul puts his trust in Jesus, but the Watchtower claims, it is hope in Jesus.

Phil 2:19:KJV: But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.

Phil 2:19: NWT: For my part I am hoping in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you shortly, that I may be a cheerful soul when I get to know about the things pertaining to you.

By Jesus Christ all things were created in heaven and earth, whether they be thrones, dominions, principalities and powers, but the Watchtower excluded dominions, principalities and powers and substituted them for lordships, governments and authorities and also claims all other things were created through Jesus and not by Jesus.

Col 1:16;KJV: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him

Col 1:16;NWT: Because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him.

Born Again Christians repent, but Jehovah?s Witnesses regret.

Matt 21:32; KJV: For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

Matt 21:32;NWT: For John came to you in a way of righteousness, but you did not believe him. However, the tax collectors and the harlots believed him, and you, although you saw [this], did not feel regret afterwards so as to believe him.

Born Again Christians repent, but Jehovah?s Witness remorse.

Matt 27:3; KJV: Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Matt 27:3;NWT: Then Judas, who betrayed him, seeing he had been condemned, felt remorse and turned the thirty silver pieces back to the chief priests.

Born Again Christians repent, but Jehovah?s Witnesses regret.

Rom 11:29; KJV: For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Rom 11:29; NWT: For the gifts and the calling of God are not things he will regret.

Born again Christians are instructed to Study their Bible but not Jehovah?s Witnesses. The word ?study? has been deleted in the NWT bible.

2 Tim 2:15:KJV: Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Tim 2:15:NWT: Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright.

Born again Christians are made free from sin and become servants to God,

but Jehovah?s Witness are slaves to Jehovah. Disgusting, really disgusting!

Rom 6:22:KJV: But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Rom 6:22;NWT: However, now, because you were set free from sin but became slaves to God, you are having your fruit in the way of holiness, and the end everlasting life.

All things were made by Jesus Christ but Jehovah Witnesses believe all things were made into existence through Christ and not by Christ. This doesn?t make Jesus the primary creator but a secondary creator.

John 1:3:KJV: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:3;NWT: All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.

Jesus Christ according to the flesh was raised up, but Jehovah?s Witnesses don?t believe this because it has been deleted from their NWT.

Acts 2:30;KJV: Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Act 2:30;NWT: There, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath that he would seat one from the fruitage of his loins upon his throne.

Jesus Christ is Lord of All, but according to Jehovah?s Witnesses, He is Lord of all [others.] Jehovah?s Witnesses love to add that word OTHER in many passages to distort the truth about Christ.

Acts 10:36:KJV: The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: he is Lord of all

Acts 10:36:NWT: He sent out the word to the sons of Israel to declare to them the good news of peace through Jesus Christ: This One is Lord of all [others.]

Paul is a servant of Jesus Christ, But Jehovah?s Witness say Paul is a slave of Jesus Christ:

Rom 1:1:KJV: Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Rom 1:1:NWT: Paul, a slave of Jesus Christ and called to be an apostle, separated to God?s good news

Born Again Christians are not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, but Jehovah?s Witnesses are. They remove the name of Christ in the verse:

Rom 1:16:KJV: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:16:NWT: For I am not ashamed of the good news; it is in fact, God?s power for salvation to everyone having faith to the Jew first and also to the Greek;

Jesus Christ makes intercessions for us but, he pleads for Jehovah?s Witnesses:

Rom 8:34;KJV Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Rom 8:34;NWT: Who is he that will condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, rather the one who was raised up from the dead, who is on the right of God, who also pleads for us.

Born Again Christians have communion with the Holy Ghost, but Jehovah?s Witnesses have a sharing with the Spirit:

2 Cor 13:14:KJV: The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

2 Cor 13:14;NWT: The undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the sharing in the holy spirit be with all of you.

No man knows when the apocalypse will happen

not even angels, only the Father,

however the Watchtower sneakily inserted the words NOR THE SON

in this verse which is not in the older Greek manuscripts.

Matt 24:36;KJV But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Matt24;36;NWT Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Welome to JWD Awake.

We here are already awake.

You obviously spent some time time in putting that info together. Perhaps your time may be better well spent in volunteering to a community charity. That book you quote from is as useful as the piece of TP you wiped your bum with.

Move along now and be useful.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    I'm sure you members can utilize this list during your witnessing with JWs. I am still researching other verses. If you have more, please add it to this list.

From the above, I think Awakejws knows we are exJWs here and has done some research that he is sharing with us..

You obviously spent some time time in putting that info together. Perhaps your time may be better well spent in volunteering to a community charity. That book you quote from is as useful as the piece of TP you wiped your bum with.

Move along now and be useful.

...why ya gotta be a hater, xjw_b12? It's this person's first post, for gosh sakes, give 'em a break!

Welcome , AWAKEJWS. You need to have a thick skin when posting about Bible related topics around here. Someone is always bound to come around and put you down for believing. Don't take it personally. There are alot people in pain around here and sometimes they lash out.

-LisaBOBeesa

• prophecor
    prophecor

Your dilligence is very well thought out and appreciated.

Welcome

• gespro
    gespro

Greetings AWAKEJWS and welcome to the JWD

Thank you for that information!

XJWb12- And those just like you...

Your belligerent nature, like the majority of people I've encountered on these boards, resembles the shaming fools of the WTS. You've left the cult but the cult hasn't left you. I for one am tired of the demeaning ways. We all have the WTS in common. However, how we handle this sick traumatic experience varies from person to person. I'm in active recovery for the WTS non-sense. Are you?

And I will say this to ANYONE I encounter who like to work out their aggression/problems on others:

GO GET SOME HELP.

Stop being cowards, k?

gespro -tired of being a dumping ground for people too stupid to get help

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome Awakejws...

Spamming and/or preaching are hardly the best way to introduce oneself here. People here don't like being preached to -- either from an "orthodox" or "heterodox" platform.

Why don't you tell us what got you into "witnessing to JWs" in the first place?

In the meantime I'm going get some help

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi AWAKEJWS, welcome to the board.

You have to be careful with your crticisms. Any mistakes will be pounced on by JWs and you will be made to look like you are trying to mislead them.

The NWT translation committee claim that they used the Wilson and Hort. We know they didn't stick to it always, but that is another arguement, so you must only use scriptures that show variance from the W&H that you can show them from their own Interlinear.

Rom 1:16 isn't one of them.

In fact, if they had the nounce to show you the scripture in the http://bible.crosswalk.com/InterlinearBible/bible.cgi you would not find Christos in that either, so you look like the fool, because it looks like the KJV added it.

I suggest you start again, and verify EVERTHING, so that those who use this kind of stuff don't look like they are trying to deceive the JWs, which defeats the entire purpose of your (and our) efforts.

Born Again Christians are not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, but Jehovah?s Witnesses are. They remove the name of Christ in the verse:

Rom 1:16:KJV: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:16:NWT: For I am not ashamed of the good news; it is in fact, God?s power for salvation to everyone having faith to the Jew first and also to the Greek;

Chris
  • male30baroda
    male30baroda

thanks information is very useful

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Welcome Awakejws!!!

You put a lot of thought, time, and energy into your post, and it will surely be appreciated by many. Even though I no longer believe in the bible, I found in your post some potentially useful information that oneday I may be able to use to show how The JW's change things around to suit their own purposes.

I congratulate you on your efforts, and who knows, maybe a JW that is questioning things and looking on this site will see your post, and help them realize what the WTBTS is all about.

Thanks again for sharing!!!

CJ

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Welcome, awakejws

Thanks for taking the time to share.

EW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit