Name ways in which JW's don't serve God

by JH 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

Malachi 3:18

3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

This verse says that if we don't serve God, then we are Wicked....

From a JW point of view, if we don't preach with them and follow whatever they do, then we are wicked. But there are so many ways of serving God, that they don't even do themselves.

How many examples can you give where witnesses don't serve God?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Just a few:

• Rom.3:27, 28 in connection with declaring righteousness to be by works rather than by faith.
    • Rom.2:23, in connection with their pride in their rules, and non-adherence of them.
    • Luke.11:52, in connection with hindering peoples entry to heaven.
    • John.7:51, concerning judging without the individual being present.
    • Matt.7:12, in connection with shunning.
    • Matt.5:25, in connection with stalling court cases for abuse victimes, etc.
  • fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Rom.2:23, in connection with their pride in their rules, and non-adherence of them.

I like that one Little Toe,all the time we were bombarded with how differant and loving the Elders were to Pharisees!!

Hypocrisy was quite a Problem amongst Elders in my old Cong.

• Golf
    Golf

JH, in the context of that scripture it does define the righteous and the wicked. In Verse 5 he says, "...and I will become a speedy witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against those swearing falsely, and against those acting fraudulently with the wages of a wage worker, with the widow and with the fatherless boy, and those turning away from the alien resident, while they have not feared me..." The moral conditions of the Nation was at a low. How many times were they punished because of their immoral conduct, and in the process the innocent suffered? Name ways in which JW's don't serve God? 1 Tim. 5:8, "Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith." 1 Peter 3:7, "You husbands continue dwelling in like manner with them according to knowledge, assigning them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one, since YOU are also heirs with them of the underserved favor of life, in order that your prayers not to be hindered." James 1:27, "The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation,..." Romans 2:21,"...do you however the one teaching someone else not teach yourself?..." Since they claim to be a Bible based organization, these are the scriptures I would use. There's others but this will suffice. Guest77

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

The scripture that says that, after an assembly of teachings of the Law, everyone went to the scrolls to make sure that what was taught was correct.

The WTBS discourages this. They tell you that they are God's representatives on Earth and to trust what they say without question. Question anything they say, compare what they say to the Bible and point out the errors and you are an apostate.

• snbdye2000
    snbdye2000

The number one way I would say JW's don't serve God is that they dont love unconditionally. I am not, nor have ever been a JW. But my husband is reading their books and such. From my experiences in dealing with all the problems this is causing, it all comes down to his lack of love for me and MY beliefs. He thinks it is loving to express his newfound "truths", yet I see no love in acceptance of me and what I believe is the truth. From all the reading I have done about shunning, df'ing and such, no one can tell me there is any love in this cult. It's a word they throw out there, but in practice, is missing. Just my opinion, completely from the outside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit