I'm embarrassed to be related to my brother.

by ColdRedRain 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Only a few days ago, my girlfriend wanted to suspend our relationship. Naturally, I was hearbroken about it, because I loved that woman to the point where I dreamt about her every night.

So today, when I hear about my brother dumping his GF because according to him, she was too skinny to be his wife, it made me want to wait until he got home from Florida and beat him up. I can't believe somebody from my own family would ever do that to somebody.

I've noticed that to be a trend in the troof. Men who are as shallow as a kiddie pool. I won't go into it anymore. Right now, I'm just too hurt from my relationship and from my brother hurting that woman.

• ringo5
    ringo5

Sorry to hear about your GF. Don't have much advice on that front except to say that whatever relationship you're in, you should have your feelings reciprocated or it will feel unbalanced..

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

That's a shame about your girlfriend. Break-ups can be hard, but the sooner they come the better. If it was a doomed relationship (and I'm sure you didn't feel that it was), the sooner it ends the sooner you can move on. And you will.

As far as your brother, I don't think it's just men in the troof who are as shallow as a kiddie pool! Sure seems like the shallow ones get all the chicks, though, dammit.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    And I can still describe him as shallow as he himself will freely admit, and this I can only see as hindrance to seeking out the same truth about the truf

I think you're right. This guy sounds silly in our debates, and all of his reasons for making up such talking points like "The Catholic church will lie about their history about the Council Of Hippo existing, they're the Catholic church!" all to make his shallow dubbie lifestyle validated.

But honestly, even if he left the dubs, I will never want to associate with him outside family gatherings. I don't think he'll ever not be as shallow as he is unless he suddenly has a Fight-Club like mental breakdown..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit