I'm not working for NY Times but another great story about cults in China

by BONEZZ 4 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Seems China is allowing Christian groups to do their thing in the countryside and it's screwing up all the people...funny they don't mention the Dubbies at all. Others are making big inroads. My pasting abilities are not so great so you'll just have to go to their website and check it out...it's worth it...here's an excerpt (if it works)...... http://www.nytimes.com/

......"China's growing material wealth has eluded the countryside, home to two-thirds of its population. But there is a bull market in sects and cults competing for souls."

-BONEZZ

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

OH yeah...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

-BONEZZ

• Poztate
    Poztate

But there is a bull market in sects and cults competing for souls."

I am sure they mean this "BULL MARKET" as in BULL SH*T not in the stock market sense.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

The Chinese government will consider any religious (or other form of spiritual) group of people as being a destructive cult, if it feels any form of competition with said group of people. It gives them an excuse to torture Falun Gong practictioners, for instance, or to kill any Tibetan monks who don't want to turn their monestaries into state-owned tourist traps.

• Satanus
    Satanus

While i was a christian, i watched a video of christians in china. There were huge crowds in the country side listening and singing and stuff. There was a group in a building crying, ecxtatic, falling down, etc getting slain in the spirit as they call it. The chinese really seem to like the pentle style religion.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit