Jesus being a drunkard and sabath breaker

by crinklestein 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I have been having more arguments with an old witness friend of mine who has turned into my arch enemy because I chose to be with a woman that he was trying to convert. Anyway, as part of his argument against me he said something to the effect of "If you claim to follow Jesus then you should know you're just following a man who was a drunkard and a sabath. breaker. WHAT?!

Is this part of their twisted NEW LIGHT? That Jesus actually died a sinful man? Or is this just his fucked up thinking.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    If you claim to follow Jesus then you should know you're just following a man who was a drunkard and a sabath. breaker.

What?

That's just crazy. I know the WTS has put themselves between God and man (144,000 excepted) but I don't think they would or could discredit him in that way. How would they be any different then the pharisees?

Kwin

• Will Power
    Will Power

Jesus was a Sabbath breaker.

He says the sabbath was made for man, not the man for sabbath.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Well really, how different are they from the Pharisees anyway? They might as well go the full nine and deny Christ died a sinless man. I don't know. I only know that this was not the teaching when I was in it and I don't know if this has changed recently.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Luke 7:33, 34 would seem to indicate that some charged him with being a glutton and a drunk (probably because he didn't openly fast).

Your ex-friend has put himself in the role of some other of Jesus' detractors.

I don't think it's generally the WTS teaching (of denigrating him like that), though they might as well go the whole hog, since they've tried to strip him of most else that the NT attributes to him...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit