'JW's in the 20th Century' Pamphlet

by gespro 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gespro
    gespro

Do you remember this little gem?

Well, a few months ago, I found out a friend of mine was a dub. He gave me one of the 'gems' of his dub days saying that he held onto this pamphlet for so long for no apparent reason. He then gave it to me.

http://www.hpphoto.com/sessions/994652010895/48222414lg.jpg

In my quick research I found that the WTS put out 1989 version. The copy I have is the 1979 version. I'm wondering what bits of 'new light' found it's way into the latter version.

I remember when it came out at an assembly. It seemed like they were wanting to blanket the 1975 fiasco by releasing a [false] reminder of 'our' beliefs to 'set us straight' since we [the rank and file] all made spontaneous assumptions about '75.

gespro -still chuggin' along

• bebu
    bebu

Hi gespro,

Lovely little red x there... Maybe try it again.

bebu

• gespro
    gespro

DOH!

I don't know what happened...it was working before. Be right back...

If the pic is red X'd, please try this link:

http://www.hpphoto.com/sessions/994652010895/48222414lg.jpg

g

• gespro
    gespro

GADDUMMIT

I need to find a different place for this pic to live! I'll work on it some more...Any suggestions?

g

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The only difference from the 79 to the 89 version is that the number of baptized, publishers, congregations etc. has been changed to the most recent updated figures. Since then again, the brochures has been substituted by a new one, "Jehovah's Witnesses - Who Are They? What Do They Believe?".

• gespro
    gespro

Oldhip

Is that a fact?

I was wondering if you or anyone has a copy of the 1989 version. I would like to make sure for my own research.

Thanks bro

gespro

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Hi,

I'll take a look this afternoon to see if I have a couple of spare ones.

Greetings

TOH

• gespro
    gespro

Thank you TOH!!!

g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit