Anyone else had phones calls from Indian Telemarketers

by Zep 9 Replies latest social current

• Zep
    Zep

I find this hilarious

The other day I got this phone call. I pick up the phone, say "hello", after which theres this long pause and then this Indian guy starts trying to sell me a Nokia mobile phone contract. In parts he would speak in an Australian accent and would at times have an American accent. But you could hear the underlying Indian accent.

then I remembered..

A lot of telemarketing is actually based in India. Companies move their telemarketing departments to Indian, because it's the largest english speaking country in the World and wages costs are dirt cheap. They then train these people to actually fake Australian or American accents etc, and then get them to phone people half a world away and try and sell them stuff.

Globalisation huh!

Weird!

On the topic of Globalisation. Apparently Ross Perot, who ran on a platform of "protecting American jobs" has moved his accounts department to India. Over there Accountants get paid 1/10 of what they do in the U.S.So, Maybe we'll be seeing Accountants working in sweatshops soon, and not just low skilled manual labor?

• fairy
    fairy

yes i have......trying to get us to change our landline phone account.!!

• LDH
    LDH

The other reason telemarketers are moving overseas--the FCC do not call ban does not affect them.

I like to play dirty. In my best Indian accent I tell them, "If you are helping it, man do not come to this country! I am living on welfare in a basement with no electricity. I wish I could get home to Delhi!"

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The Gallup Poll keeps calling us. I've told them several times to "take me off your list" as I understood that was a legal requirement for telemarketers but they keep calling.

The only thing worse than Indian telemarketers is Indian customer service. I've got a Dell and I'm going to buy a new CD-RW drive rather than deal with those *#@($!!!!!! idiots again.

• Princess
    Princess

I ended up having to get a charge taken off my phone bill because of a telemarketer from India. I said no but he heard yes and then began the battle. Now I say LOUD and CLEAR NO NO NO NO NO . Then I hang up on them.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Welcome, come again...

Maybe you had Apu on the other end of the phone.

Will

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Over there Accountants get paid 1/10 of what they do in the U.S.So, Maybe we'll be seeing Accountants working in sweatshops soon, and not just low skilled manual labor?

I remember seeing a news program that discussed how lawyers would fax all their documents to 3rd world countries for data input. I guess it's becomming a big thing everywhere and for all industries.

Kwin

• Zep
    Zep

"I remember seeing a news program that discussed how lawyers would fax all their documents to 3rd world countries for data input. I guess it's becomming a big thing everywhere and for all industries."

kwin

Yeah, it's called "the race to the bottom". It's really quite disgusting and immoral...really. It's all about bargaining down the wages of the poor and increasing profits for the rich. The fat ass Corporations just look somewhere with cheapest labour, loosest evironmental regulations, and move there. The people there are so poor it's not like they can refuse a shitty wage, since they have no bargaining power. Meanwhile, some poor bastard in the west ends up on unemployment, and the real winner is the fat cat at the top finding in his wallet full with ever greater profit.

hmmmm.....

I dont???? the WTO,IMF, world bank, multi-nationals, economic liberalism, and Capitalism in general is really starting to shit me...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I've got a Dell and I'm going to buy a new CD-RW drive rather than deal with those *#@($ !!!!!! idiots again.

Breathe man! Breathe!!!!

Slow... in and out... in and out....

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

between indian accents on their end and my southern accent on my end..i just hang up.. its no use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit